Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 Patch

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

gar1234 wrote: »
    up dated mine yesterday and got the red ring of death load of bollox

Mine too.
    5 Month old Elite , RROD after the COD4 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I Have noticed no change at all i have tried and tried to snipe people, even with irion lungs or steady aim. i have there head lined up and i miss.

yet when im being sniped sometimes the bullet isnt even near me and i die.

Steady aim is only for shooting from the hip, i.e. when you are zoomed in with the L trigger.

Does anyone know if Martyrdom perk was modified, I think they added a half a second or so until it detonates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

The patch added some nice effects like the few mentioned earlier but I find that connecting to games is now even harder.

A server with 12/12 people, it says "waiting for more players to balance teams" then switched to "finding the best host" then an instant server disconnect. This happens 3-6 times in a row every time before I find a game. I have a 3meg upload, 3meg download line and I never had trouble before the patch...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Steady aim doesn;t affect anything zoomed in/aimed.

Holding the aim trigger down (L-trigger) is aiming.
    > Steady aim does not affect this

Firing from the hip is when you are not using the L-trigger. ie just firing without aiming.
    > steady aim affects this

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I think the hitboxes (headshots in particular) in this game are f*cked, almost to Battlefield 2 standards Standing beside somebody and firing pretty much any weapon at their head (Desert Eagle, G36C, M14 etc, all scoped and unscoped) yields nothing, yet when I fire at their chin down area it gives me a headshot. Since when is your forehead not a bloody heatshot zone????

I know that there is lag in the game and things like that and the vast majority of the time th egame is fine, but there have been times where the game blatantly gets it wrong. Like me standing beside a guy, literally cant get through a doorway because he is blocking it, I fire without aiming and nothing hits...nothing...and he turns around and kills me. I'm wondering has anyone encountered strange happenings like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

hottstuff wrote: »
    Mine too.
    5 Month old Elite , RROD after the COD4 update.

15 month old xbox, one failure before at 3 months old but died day after the COD4 patch. Did'nt even play the game with the new patch, just turned it off. Turned it on 5 minutes ago to get RROD straight away. On the upside, I rang xbox at 9.55pm and got through with no waiting and a guy who could speak english. To be sent for repair. Total time on phone 3 minutes. A vast improvement over the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Damien360 wrote: »
    15 month old xbox, one failure before at 3 months old but died day after the COD4 patch. Did'nt even play the game with the new patch, just turned it off. Turned it on 5 minutes ago to get RROD straight away. On the upside, I rang xbox at 9.55pm and got through with no waiting and a guy who could speak english. To be sent for repair. Total time on phone 3 minutes. A vast improvement over the last time.

Oh dear , seems the patch is helping to fry a few 360's
    Hope you get it sorted quickly.;)

• Advertisement

• hottstuff wrote: »
    Oh dear , seems the patch is helping to fry a few 360's
    Hope you get it sorted quickly.;)
    Man feel sorry for you, The failure rate worries me. The fact is i keep hearing 360's dying left, right and centre. Although i have mine for 2 years. Oops i think i just jinxed it! :pac:
    On the COD4 thing i like the airstrike thing they added when your killed by it, or maybe i just didn't notice it :P
    Add me btw Mikeh500500

Advertisement