Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hornady 40 gr Vmax NON MOLY

• 29-02-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get any of these? Everywhere I look they are moly coated!!

thanks in advance.

Jonty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

why not use the molycoats? if the coating bothers you that much clean it off with some acetone.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

will that take it off?? I just heard too many bad coments about the stuff. Acetone, thats nail varnish remover right, I'll have to raid her handbag!

Jonty wrote: »
    will that take it off?? I just heard too many bad coments about the stuff. Acetone, thats nail varnish remover right, I'll have to raid her handbag!

I used moly coats in a 220 swift, theres lots of debate on moly or non moly bullets-I found them slightly more accurate in my rifle with moly but
    thats not to say it will be the same in yours-Ididnt find them any bother
    cos I just cleaned less using moly and suffered no accuracy or any other problems-eventually i went back to non moly cause supplies dried up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Anybody know where I can get any of these? Everywhere I look they are moly coated!!

thanks in advance.

Jonty

just got a some for my 243 in 58 gr v max moly to day , it will be interesting to see the bullet drop compaired to the federal 95 gr B tip i have been use n ..pm me and i will give you some no s jonty

jwshooter wrote: »
    just got a some for my 243 in 58 gr v max moly to day , it will be interesting to see the bullet drop compaired to the federal 95 gr B tip i have been use n ..pm me and i will give you some no s jonty

your 58 grain v max in the 243 will be flatter than the swift using 50 grain bullets over 400 yards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

thanks in advance.

Jonty

Well in galway you can get federal 40g (Nosler ballistis tip) 223, and there just as good as the hornady in my rifle anyway! Plus the nosler is a great bullet aswell! 29E in corrib sports in liosban IND istate.

Well in galway you can get federal 40g (Nosler ballistis tip) 223, and there just as good as the hornady in my rifle anyway! Plus the nosler is a great bullet aswell! 29E in corrib sports in liosban IND istate.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Did you get those lately? I was in on Friday and they didn't seem to have much. Duffys not got Hornadys either, sighs.............................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

johngalway wrote: »
    Did you get those lately? I was in on Friday and they didn't seem to have much. Duffys not got Hornadys either, sighs.............................................

29 Feb (Saturday): Duffys have no premium, no accu tip or hornady!:eek:
    Corrib shop in liosban have the federal 40g Nosler in stock, i bought 3 boxes for 29E each!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I must stop talking to the feet in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement