Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped? Screw that...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

hahah good man!

dont think I'd have the bottle to take a pry arm + hammer to my alloys though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I hate clampers. Particularly in Galway.

Mind you, i hate arseholes that park in the dumbest of places and block traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Reminds me of this lad from a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I presume the cops or the council called round his place later!

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    I presume the cops or the council called round his place later!

Mike.

Hardly has the car registered to himself if he did that! suppose you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

No fuiXing way, that was recorded from the window of the hotel that I just stayed in last week!

Interesting situation - what can the clamping companies do if they don't have any proof that he took the clamp off (let's ignore the existence of the video for a moment!) ?

Surely he could say that he just came back to his car and the clamp was gone and he knows nothing about it? And has anyone ever tried the same here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

A lot of people probably won't believe me, but one of my mates did that in Dublin a few years ago. Nothing ever happened to him, but his car is Northern Reg so I guess they couldn't trace him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Legend of a man! Wish I had his nerve(though I've never been clamped) sometimes! If we had a few of him around the place when we get our dreaded speed cameras soon it would be great!

OT but God the text in Dutch looks errily similar to German:D!(not surprising given that they are related languages) Any person who has a reasonable understanding of German should get the jist of what they said in Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

A neighbour of mine recently took an angle grinder to his mate's clamped car and successfully removed the clamp. I so wanna be friends with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

edanto wrote: »
    what can the clamping companies do if they don't have any proof that he took the clamp off (let's ignore the existence of the video for a moment!) ?

Surely he could say that he just came back to his car and the clamp was gone and he knows nothing about it??

Yup. One of the comments on the site was from someone who claims to have done the same. He got the bill from the city council but claimed he knew nothing about the clamp. They did not pursue it
    E92 wrote: »
    Any person who has a reasonable understanding of German should get the jist of what they said in Dutch.

Right. Put yourself to the test. Which comment here (first page) is the one I'm describing in my reply to edanto?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

my place overlooks a place where NCPS clamp for the city council. I regurlarly see people try to remove the clamps (usually with a small hacksaw or hammer) and never seen anyone succeed until sunday last week when two boys managed. I dont think they noticed that the place has CCTV though....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

unkel wrote: »
    Right. Put yourself to the test. Which comment here (first page) is the one I'm describing in my reply to edanto?

heb ik ook gedaan met een krick kreeg ik later een rekening van 1500 voor het wegmaken van een wielklem ik zei dat ik van niks wist en heb nog een paar keer een brief gehad en daarna nooit meer is 4 jaar geleden

Too easy

Steve wins :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

unkel wrote: »
    Steve wins :)

Actually Google wins - I cheated:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

With the clamps that the council use, it seems to be only a pad lock that keeps the clamp on. A metal wedge and a large sledgehammer and it'll be off in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Max_Damage wrote: »
    With the clamps that the council use, it seems to be only a pad lock that keeps the clamp on. A metal wedge and a large sledgehammer and it'll be off in no time.

AFAIK they use Abloy Padlocks , well at least some of them are and there a pretty tough lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

ha i was out with my mam recently in tallaght village and she got clamped outside the bank. she went mental and just started screaming at the woman! she continued screaming "you love your job dont cha" at her ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I think a BBC programme (watchdog?) showed a number of ways to remove a clamp. Some residents of an area were complaining that the clamping company were right shysters. Clamping local residents, not putting up signs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Chordless 4 inch grinder anyone ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every car boot should have one! That and a can of spray paint.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

And a slidehammer ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It's time we had cars like the Citroen DS again, the wheel arch design makes it impossible to clamp it:D!(I always like looking at the mad Citroens anyway)

@unkel, no need for me to have a go at translating, someone got to it before me!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

junkyard wrote: »
    And a slidehammer ;).
    mike65 wrote: »
    Every car boot should have one! That and a can of spray paint.

Mike.
    stratos wrote: »
    Chordless 4 inch grinder anyone ? :rolleyes:
    I had to think for a second - is this the clamping thread or the Gatso thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kbannon wrote: »
    I had to think for a second - is this the clamping thread or the Gatso thread! :D

There all multi use tools:D Can just see the Gardai asking everyone they stop to open their boot and see a pri bar, sledge hammer and angle grinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

The Gas Axe is so much quicker and silent to boot...

And it now comes in miniature cyl size... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Gas axe ? thats overkill, I love it !

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    @unkel, no need for me to have a go at translating, someone got to it before me!

Yeah the challenge was for you, but someone else got there first alright. I didn't ask for you to have a go at translating though :p

Advertisement