Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped? Screw that...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Oilrig wrote: »
    The Gas Axe is so much quicker and silent to boot...

And it now comes in miniature cyl size... ;)

I'd like to see someone carrying two large oxygen & acetylene gas cylinders in the boot of the car for those rare occasions of getting clamped. Make sure you don't crash.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

Fair play to him :D
    Very hammer happy though - Imagine him servicing the car haha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I was thinking of maybe getting one of those fake clamps or even buying a real one.

So I can clamp my own car and leave it there for as long as I want. I only got clamped once but the guy was an unreasonable arsehole.

Well I would not really park anywhere but I would get a fake clamp. Galway clampers need to learn that you are trying to fix parking problems not make as much money as possible in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That was a good laugh... I wouldn't of liked to have walked up to him while he was removing it, it didn't look in the best humour:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

if the clamp isent damaged you could just hand it in to the garda station saying that you found it... but it cant have any damage on it or they could do you for criminal damage.... but just saying nothing is a lot easier...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

if you hand it in, would it not be used again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Traumadoc wrote: »
    if you hand it in, would it not be used again?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was thinking of maybe getting one of those fake clamps or even buying a real one.

So I can clamp my own car and leave it there for as long as I want. I only got clamped once but the guy was an unreasonable arsehole.

Well I would not really park anywhere but I would get a fake clamp. Galway clampers need to learn that you are trying to fix parking problems not make as much money as possible in the day.

I'd say they'd look at your clamp, have a quick laugh and clamp a different wheel. You'd need 4 clamps then you'd be laughing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

it wouldnt be too easy to find it if you toss it in a river :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

any of the clampers i've seen in action, take a picture of the car, showing exactly where it was parked, and with the clamp on it, just in case someone disputes it afterwards... so they will have a photo of your car with the clamp on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Is it true that people put superglue in the clamps keyhole in France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It is now... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Got clamped twice, now i carry a angle grinder and power inverter (to plug into the cigarette lighter) :D

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

could you get hub caps made up with really far out protuding pieces, like really exagerated db5 ones, so its imposible to be clamped while 'wearing' em?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Got clamped twice, now i carry a angle grinder and power inverter (to plug into the cigarette lighter) :D

Best keep the engine running so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

youll need it warmed up for the quick getaway as well :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

With some clamps, you can get them off by deflating your tyre, allegedly ;). Once there is no legislation enforcing clamping, i.e. if you’re clamped on private property, there is sweet fa anyone can do if you remove the clamp, once you don’t damage it. This brings me nicely to my question, if you did remove a clamp without damaging it and chained it or secured it some other way to some immovable object, would the clampers be under the same obligation to not damage your property while trying to free their clamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Yeah, does anyone know of the specific law under which you can't damage the clamp? Is it a law specifically protecting clamps or a more generic law protecting one persons (legal or natural) property from damage by another?

You can probably see where I'm going with this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Excellent,I would have done it last time but i didnt know how to take it off and didnt want to damage the car.

Advertisement