Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda College Gym

• 29-02-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭

whats it like........................................................... specifics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

its basic enough but has all the equipment, treadmills , bikes, cross trainers, rowing machines, all types of machines, weights , benches , and a couple of flat screen tvs to watch while your working out

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

**** load of spinning cycles. 4-5 treadmills. 3-4 rowing machines. Weight systems and free weights. And as mentioned, various other things. Grand spot, very busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

how heavy are the free-weights???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

A decent selection of plates up to maybe 250kg in total, cant remember for sure. But if there are a few heavy lifters then there will be a shortage of plates. D/bells up to 30kg on the rack and anything from 32-40kg you will need to ask for as they are put away in case someone hurts themselves? It was like that when i was there a while ago. Bringing your own olympic d/bell handles could be an option

pretty impressed cant imagine theres that many lifting heavy due ****ing bmi restrictions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭source

If you have a high bmi then they do a skin fold calliper test, where they measure the fat with a calliper,if you're big and muscular you won't have much fat and you'll pass that,

there was a champion bodybuilder in the phase before me, he had won irelands strongest man, the guy was huge, and was technically obese, but he was very fit and healthy, and he passed the skin fold test no bother.

cheers it took 50 days posting to find that out.....il prob still fail a ****ing skinfold test!! hahaha cardio it is

I wouldnt worry too much about it. I seen the guy who was a previous irelands strongest man and yup he could be classed as obese by the BMI but once they know you do weights then you will be grand. There were two lads into powerlifting who were big enough aswell and was no bother to them.

Hell..there was a girl in my class who could barely run and was getting fatter by the week and she still got in. Will be no bother to you L

cheers man, i played rugby wit a lad in UCC we'll call him mr.duggan and the man was an absolute tank when then joined the gards.....the thought of which was kinda keeping me sane

I know mr duggan, was in my phase, think its the same fella, strong lad. Anyways best of luck with the physical , will be no bother to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Mr Muscle is in my phase and is doing grand! Done a "strong man" demo on our sports day where he was lifting 500kilo+ weights! The man is huge!

Advertisement