Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump question

Options
  • 29-02-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have a Twin Impeller Shower Pump that has stopped working this morning - my local plumber is away at the moment and I was wondering if anyone can advise on -

1) the expected life of a shower pump (it's 3 yrs old - typical domestic usage 2ad/3children)
    2) the liklihood it is it repairable (and by what kind of trade/business)
    3) what to look for if I need to replace it (manufacturers/product/pressured delivery). It needs to serve 2 showers in the house

I'm at work now and forgot to note the pump manufacturer or model.

Any advice from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

There is an electronic 'switch' in many of these pumps which can go faulty over time or use. You may be able to replace it without the cost of a new pump.
    Mine went, it was a Salamander, and the manufacturers were able to send me a service kit to replace the commonly faulty conponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

If you are sure there is power coming off the fuse or the plug to the pump get a magnet and run it along the first 6 inches of all four pipes coming out of the pump. Trust me you might end up paying someone €80 to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 paulb

Thanks for the reply David - I'm not sure I undestand your advice though, what's the purpose or outcome of doing this?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

paulb wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply David - I'm not sure I undestand your advice though, what's the purpose or outcome of doing this?

Cheers

It's the electronic 'switch' referred to above by another poster. It can get stuck. It's not easy to describe where it is but follow what I said above and you might get a result otherwise it's a plumber you need.

Advertisement