Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring access

• 29-02-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a copy of access on windows 98 old pc, and I wish to move it over to my newer pc running XP?
    Can I do this?
    Roughly how?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have the CD, you can just install it on the newer PC.

If you don't, it would be an altogether more painful experience, though probably not impossible. Whether the EULA allows you to install it without a CD though, I don't know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if Access is part of Office Professional OEM then you can't move it, ever.

Otherwise uninstall it from the old PC and install on the new PC with the original disk(s)

when you install a program it puts stuff in program files

But it also writes a ton of stuff to the registry, copies files to the
    windows / system folders , and program files common folder, it may also over write system dll's with it's own dll's and possibly do other stuff too

to give you an idea how difficult it is to move installed programs, have a look at this - google for access/office \CD1 for your version
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252613
    it tells you what files and settings are left behind after you choose the REMOVE ALL option in office 2000 CD2 - it is not a full list of files to copy ,

Advertisement