Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooing Scar Tissue?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Ireland that would be willing to tattoo scar tissue? I've asked around Galway and no one is willing to accept responsibility for anything that might go wrong or the long term repercussions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Luu

I've had the same thing myself,

As far as I see it- someone who says 'No' cares about their work- and so would more likely be good (the ones who's portfolio I have liked more :P).
    Someone who says yes- mmmmmmm..... I'm dubious about their quality/care for their outcome!

Maybe the way to go is working on convincing someone who you really like to do the work- no repercussions on them. But at the end of the day- you can't force them

Sorry this is no help really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Gordon (When he was working in metalworks), did a tat over my scar on my arm. He did ask before starting about how old it was and mentioned that it may take a bit longer to ink over the scar. Came out quite well. Its one of those lumpy type scar's too, but doesnt make the tat look odd

I think there is certain criteria for scar's such as how old it is, Location and size. Don't quote me on this im only guessing.

Gordon is currently working in the new place on prospect hill. Might be worth just chatting to him about it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ChristOnAStick

Yeah I'll definitely do that man, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

how old is the scar tissue? how lumpy is it? i have a fair sized one on my hip from multiple surgeries as a child, which got infected (i've one on the other side too, but that didnt get infected and is skinny and white, this one is thick,lumpy and purple). i got tattoo'd over it no problem. nobody - and i asked a fair amount of reputable artists - had a problem once they knew how old it was. this, for those who know me, was my polar bear one, which does hide the scar nicely, though it does come out quite prominently in photos, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ChristOnAStick

It's about 4" long and 2" thick (I realise how dirty that sounds), and I've had it for 5 years. I was told it wouldn't even be noticeable, but then it turned out I have 'keloid tissue', which causes the scar to over-heal. The main thing I'm worried about is the ink spreading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement