Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... would you ever ask a man to marry you??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

awww... that sounds lovely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

i wouldnt mind if my OH asked me, think she was going to the other day too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

john_aero wrote: »
    i wouldnt mind if my OH asked me, think she was going to the other day too

what stopped her?

only going together 4months, no house and we dont want to rush.we are planning on buying in 5months when loans paid off. i told her i would do when she jokingly asked me that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

john_aero wrote: »
    only going together 4months

:eek:

• Advertisement

hahah yes i know we cant believe it either. like i was with some one for 5years and we nearly go to that point but ended. kinda strange as i know myself it so soon but love her to bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

No i'm old fashioned its the man's job to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i have to say i wounldnt mind doing it but id be disappointed if it turned out that way. i wouldnt expecting him to ask my dad but i think that my dad would want to be asked. id just like it to be nice and romantic nothing too flashy or anything just nice something that be great to think back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

god no. im an old romantic so the guy has to do it for me.
    i did however joke to my o/h about doing it last fri and he said his mobile battery would be dead, internet would be down and he would be out at sea. lol.

A guy I work with was teasing me about last friday for ages eg, asking me how I'd ask my boyfriend etc
    They have met before at work do's etc etc so I had told my boyfriend all about it
    On the friday I said to my workmate thats i'd do it for the laugh as to be honest i was curious to see what the boyfriend would say

I sent a text saying " So will you mary me ? hehe xxxxxxxxx"
    and I got a reply that said "Who is this?"
    I wrote back "haha"
    He wrote back" I'm already married love I have been for 18 years and I have 3 kids and 4 grandkids"

ROFL

I thought it was hilarious and I said it to all the lads in work who claimed he gave the perfect answer
    Sure he's told me before he wants to marry me and he said it again over the weekend so how can I not love him and his sense of humour

• Advertisement
Advertisement