Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Hl

Options
  • 29-02-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am studying economics at the minute with the book "leaving cert economics" by folens, it being the one our teacher selected for us. Maybe its just me but I'm finding it really difficult to actually understand what they're trying to say. It takes me ages to study it as I basically have to go through it first and translate it! I need a book thats clearer so I'm not going to be wasting so much time just preparing to study it, does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

what about the revise wise or less stress more success books?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

the rapid revision one is very good in my opinion but i dont know if its easy to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 leon55

i have the rapid revison book and found it much easier than the folens leaving cert economics book.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i know what you mean. That book is so boring. Its all one color and had about two pictures in the whole thing. Its really hard to study with. BUT, the economics course is so small that you dont really need to understand everything in it. some of the topics in it just dont make sense to me, but its fine because you only have to do four questions out of 8. don't bother buying a new book. just keep going over everything and try to understand it. you have plenty of time to cover that course one or two times before the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i found it quite useful working through exam papers, writing down the proper asnwer from marking scheme, memorising the points and then the rest of the course is back to the book..
    many many qs repeat so quite nice to be prepared at least for those :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

blue-army wrote: »
    what about the revise wise or less stress more success books?

I went into easons the other day to pick up a couple of revision books, got the one's that I needed but I couldn't get one for economics. I am using revise wise at the moment in all my other subjects. Does anyone know if they have one for economics? I should have asked in easons on the day but it went out of my head for some reason. If all else fails I'll use revise wise. Oh yeah and I need it for OL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brendac

thanks for all the advise. I think you guys are probably right, a good revision book is the way to go ........... now to find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Economics. Shameless plug, I know, but have a look at the few notes that have been written up and let me know what you think. We're trying to make them more than just short hand notes, but hopefully something understandable that students can learn from.

Some example notes:
    Supply
    Demand
    LDMU
    All Econ Notes

OP, as someone who's finding it tricky to get to grips with the subject, I'd really love to hear your feedback on how you found these notes (especially for any of the topics you haven't covered yet) and how usefull they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 meanoiX

Me teacher is unreal. He gives us notes he did himself and it got me an A2 in d mocks. We had to buy that book for at the start of the year and yeh i agree its feckin ****e. The best revision book by far is Rapid Revision especially for factors of production. Less stress more success is usless dont get it, i got it frm my friend who did econ. last year and it wud have better in lightin a fire

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I think the business studies magazines also have economics sections if that is any help

• Advertisement
Advertisement