Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering Wheel Remotes

Options
  • 29-02-2008 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

I had the factory fitted car stereo in my Nissan Almera replaced with a Blaupunkt one but the remote control on the steering wheel doesn't work with it. Is there anyway around this so that I can get the Nissan remote to work with the Blaupunkt stereo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There are various companies that make adapter harnesses for this very purpose. Google nissan & Blaupunkt with steering wheel adapter & you'll find a few suppliers. They should be about €30 delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

From one Guinness drinker to another, I think you might have a problem here.

I know some after-market stereos will work with Opel dash display and steering column controls, but not all. Kenwood stereos will work. Depends on the Blaupunkt model.

I looked into this recently myself and couldnt find an after-market stereo that would function using my Ford Focus stalk controls.

If anyone has a definitive answer, Id be much obliged...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Generally the steerign wheel controls can be done but you loose the dash display (if seperate from the headunit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I found this but I'm not sure its the right thing. It says that it works if you have a wireless remote but how do you know if the remote control on your steering wheel is a wireless one. I'm don't think they all are, I think some are connected via wire.

Advertisement