Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mothers' Day

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I wont be home for it so I asked my Dad last week if he's pick something up for her. No problem, he says. Texted him 2 days ago asking if he'd bought something. His reply? 'I have in my arse, you didn't ask me to!' Caught him early enough though so it's all good. I wouldn't mind but I asked my mum to do the same for my Dad's 50th in a couple of weeks and it's already bought!

My mum usually just wants something small, a bottle of wine or something. None of those awful ornaments etc. She gets breakfast in bed every weekend, I make the dinner when I'm home, and my sister is the one who cleans the house (she LOVES it) so doing chores wouldn't be giving her a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bloody hell, you'd wanna sort yer ma out and get her doing proper ma stuff :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

My mum's got Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am =>no point in doing anything for Mother's day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

DaveMcG wrote: »
    bloody hell, you'd wanna sort yer ma out and get her doing proper ma stuff :p

Ah she does keep me in food and accommodation both at home and at college so she does her bit! :p

In fairness to her, she rarely sits down, she's always cleaning or cooking or driving people places. (Or driving me mad!)

Useless otherwise! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

rusalka wrote: »
    I've a friend who lost a baby due last January

Where? Very Clumsy

Firetrap wrote: »
    My mum's got Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am =>no point in doing anything for Mother's day :(

Sorry to hear that.I know how distressing alzheimer patients can be:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

It's kinda like valentines day.... Pointless as it could be done anyday of the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mothers are for goats and sissies!

!

Crap I need to call mom :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Firetrap wrote: »

Sorry to hear, my dad's Mother has Alzheimer's too, and he can find it distressing to say the least.
    I bought a fancy perfume set + card for "Mother's" day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j.bravo

Archeron wrote: »
    Another ****ty commercial day, but it for mum so who can complain.
    I have a small smiley ceramic bear holding a balloon in one hand and a flower in the other. I will also bring her for some shopping when she's able to go.

im planning to hire the services of a seattle balloon delivery company

Advertisement