Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govindas Cooking Course tomorrow.

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If anybody is interested.
    Katyayani
    March 1st, 2pm-6pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

That is, cooking from 2 til 6pm, then eating 6 til 7pm :) I'll be there!

Details of this cookery class were advertised in Govinda's on Abby St. I noticed it today and got Tar to post about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*whip noise*

now now! is that quite on topic?

tut tut

She is holding another course next saturday (8th March). It seems she likes to hold a course once a month generally, and only holds advanced ones on request, so if you are interested, just phone up.

I really enjoyed it. She went through recipes for pakoras, cabbage curry, raita, kidney beans curry, butternut curry, lentils, paneer, tomato chutney, lassi and naan bread. The only difficult thing was to eat as much as you can afterwards! I was stuffed completely.

She also went through all the spices she used and the types of lentils available. You aren't thrown in the deep end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

Who do I contact to get onto the course next weekend? Sounds amazing!

• Advertisement

That sounds great....I didn't realise it was a one off at the weekend......how much was it SweetE?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

50e.

I imagine you contact the same person.

Thats great value for a meal and an interesting activity. :)

Yeah, well worth it. Contact Katyayani on the number above. There was so much food that she offered if we wanted to take any home. I had cabbage curry and tomato chutney with tofu (you'd have paneer if you weren't vegan) for lunch today with naan bread. That's two meals I got out of it!! Being vegan, I let her know when I booked and so she used oil instead of butter to make the naan (as well as a butter one) and had tofu to replace paneer for me in the dish.

Let her know that the vegans from last week sent you :)

Oh, there were 8 of us in the group, so it's small enough. 3 people in their 20s, rest in 40s there.

She handed out recipe sheets, but I'd recommend you bring a pen to note down your own thoughts.

I'd definately like to go again once I've tried these recipes a few times. She said she wanted to hear how we all got on at home. Perhaps a group of us from the forum could organise it in the future. I'd say I want to learn the secrets of samosas and all of those wonderful chutneys that can be made... Keep it in mind :D

Perhaps a group of us from the forum could organise it in the future. I'd say I want to learn the secrets of samosas and all of those wonderful chutneys that can be made... Keep it in mind :D

I'd be up for that!

• Advertisement

An old fashioned cook off, yee haw!

tomorrow's course will be postponed until next saturday 15th March. I think she was looking to have a few more people to sign up before she runs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Nice one, I couldn't go last week so im going to try and go on Sat.

Looking forward to learning how to make all that good food!

Advertisement