Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Management Light on Vauxhall Astra 1.4 16valve

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Since before xmas my engine management light came on. It would stay on a few days the dissappear, jusr recently though the car has become very heavy to drive and it kangeroos every so often. You can feel if you go over 60mph it kind of pulling back thats when you know that the light will be flashing.

I had it to the garage it cost €250 and the said they fixed it. After about 4 weeks it was back. Somebody suggested to put some engine cleaner in which i did on saturday and the light stayed off for about 150 miles. It has now reappeared. Somebody else has mentioned this could be dirty petrol.

Please can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Since before xmas my engine management light came on. It would stay on a few days the dissappear, jusr recently though the car has become very heavy to drive and it kangeroos every so often. You can feel if you go over 60mph it kind of pulling back thats when you know that the light will be flashing.

I had it to the garage it cost €250 and the said they fixed it. After about 4 weeks it was back. Somebody suggested to put some engine cleaner in which i did on saturday and the light stayed off for about 150 miles. It has now reappeared. Somebody else has mentioned this could be dirty petrol.

Please can anyone help

If the garage charged you €250 then said it was fixed and it has reappeared again then bring it back to them to be examined again. Also how did they fix it the first time? In other words what did they charge you €250 for?

The issue itself could be caused by many things so it is really impossible to diagnose it here to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The engine management light comes on for a variety of faults.

Maybe it's on for the same fault you had repaired, or maybe it's back on for an entirely different fault.

As bazz said, what were the repairs the last time you had it in the workshop? Check the invoice - it should state what was repaired.

You should also ask what the fault is when you leave it in next.

Advertisement