Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Kildare Train Station

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I have to head to Dublin soon. Normally I'd get the train after work but there isn't a train back to Laois where I live after 8pm-ish so I'm going to go from Kildare and get one of the late commuter trains back. (Before someone tells me to drive the whole way to Dublin, please don't, I don't want to drive in Dublin - too nervous- and I certainly don't want to drive out of Dublin in the dark. I barely know the way to Kildare:D)

My problem is that while I have a fair idea where the train station is, I'm not sure what the parking is like in Kildare. I would be leaving my car around 4.30pm and getting back around 10.30pm. Where is the safest place to leave it? I'm also wondering if there are any carparks closing early that I should avoid?

Thanks in advance guys
    PS I'm also presuming the train car park itself would be full by 4.30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

I don't use the K/dare rail car park regularly but I live near it and pass by every day. It doesn't have a barrier, so no worries about it closing.

There seem to be a few spaces left at the very end of the carpark each day. The regular commuters seem to want to park near the gates for a quick getaway it seems so a lot of them park out on the road. I'd say you have a good chance of finding a spot on the day - even if it has to be in the housing estates near it. (just not mine! :P ) If you're leaving at 4.30 some of the regular commuters will be leaving the car park at that time (those lucky enough to have flexitime, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Car parking in Kildare Station is a major issue. I'm involved with the local rail group and it's one of our big issues. The good news is that by 4:30, some commuters will already be back so their spaces might be freed up. I'd be careful about parking in the neighbouring estates though. Most of the streets around are on yellow lines, and the residents don't take too kindly to being blocked in by rail travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

Thanks for that. I didn't want to annoy local people/get clamped. Is there anywhere down the town I could park if there are no spaces? Isn't there a square?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the parking has improved at all?

Will need to park in the afternoon, midweek, will I get a space in the station?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the parking has improved at all?

Will need to park in the afternoon, midweek, will I get a space in the station?

Thanks,

No problem since the charges, €3 per day, started; usually plenty of room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement