Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need hotpress door for unusual size ope

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I need to get a door for our hotpress, which is in the bathroom. It's not particularly hot as the cistern is well insulated, so vents are not essential.

The door ope is 420mm x 1975mm (16.5" x 77.75"), which is probably a strange size for a door. Any ideas what size door I should be looking for to do the job?

Also, I haven't seen many hotpress doors on sale on my travels, so any suggestions on where to look are much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I need to get a door for our hotpress, which is in the bathroom. It's not particularly hot as the cistern is well insulated, so vents are not essential.

The door ope is 420mm x 1975mm (16.5" x 77.75"), which is probably a strange size for a door. Any ideas what size door I should be looking for to do the job?

Also, I haven't seen many hotpress doors on sale on my travels, so any suggestions on where to look are much appreciated.

Have u considered a painted piece of 18mm mdf?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Maybe a Louvre Door. You'll need to take a pic top and sides, but suitable for such a location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks folks. I was hoping not to have to make the door myself as I'm not a big fan of the finish of painted MDF, but if it comes to it then so be it and thanks for the suggestion.

Martin - do you know what size louvre doors come in and where I might pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I had a similar problem with a hop press. I've just checked and the door is 78 inch high. They come in 12", 15", 18" etc I think, however I got mine in Athlatic Homecare cheap and cheerful. You could paint it white or varnish it etc. Either way you may need to trin each edge to fit your opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Wood Mouldings (in Rathnew) make louvre doors in several sizes, they sell their products through Atlantic and Woodworkers.ie they are the only people I know of that make louvre doors.

Alternatively check out furniture.ie for cabinet makers in your area... they could make a door to fit in several ways.. i.e a simple rectangle of MDF or plywood, or the same as above but with mouldings planted on the front to simulate solid wood, or it could be done differently again, the choice is yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement