Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new house gaurantee

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

How long is a new home gauranteed for? I had one or two leaks which caused a little damage to my solid floor last year, fixed the leak myself ( more like a small fountain ), I showed the builder they said they would carry out a full inspection but never happened. Of course I let this go, and recently the waste pipe under the kitchen sink leaked which damaged the floor in the kitchen. There are also a couple of other unacceptable things carried out in the house and to be honest I am now in the mood for a showdown and would be grateful for any info on how to go about this ( at a low cost please ).
    We moved into the house 2.5 years ago and I beleive is homebonded.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Homebond is 10 years i believe, but im not sure if certain things like leaks are covered, i think it may be only structural.
    Home insurance may cover waterdamage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if all the faults were brought to the attention of the builder when they happened or were noticed then the builder should still be liable for them as you would have given him a snag list??

otherwise unless it is a more serious fault it will probably not be covered unless your home insurance pays out?

Advertisement