Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap items in USA

• 29-02-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Off to Boston soon for a few days just wondering if there is anything worth buying in the states for real savings compared to here. Ipod touch??? Iphone??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

RE: The iPhone
    There might be some way around it, but I was there a few weeks back and AT&T wanted a $500 deposit refunded when the contract was signed.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Razor blades, clothes, over the counter generic drugs (i'm talking ibuprofen etc), any electronics really, but stay away from camcorders/tv/dvd and blueray players (ntsc or region coding)

Dispose of packaging and send your receipts home in the post if you think you'll need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Agree, if your looking for computers get a laptop as most power bricks for them are dual 110/240v and all you'll need is a US plug convertor.
    Also clothes are a big saving factor, in Boston you can goto Wrentham Village which is the Woodbury Common Outlet mall of Boston. Well worth the visit especially with the great exchanged rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

wondering if there is anywhere i could get one of these online and unblock it myself?
    thanks
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

I've been told by someone just back that you can buy standard Levi jeans in Walmart for $15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for the replies... will have to do out my list so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

On my way to New York next week and was wondering the same thing.

My first trip to NY and wondering what I could pick up cheaper there that would work here. Computer games/consoles; iPhone/Blackberry dvds etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No experience with electronics only thing I ever brought back was an ipod. But go in the clothes your stood in and empty cases and buy as much clothes as you can. Levis are about 2 for $40 or $50 the ones that cost 90 here each. Its crazy. Just remember to take all the tags off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ag rothaíocht

just back from NY and got nintendo ds very cheap...and that in main toy store times square....jeans cheap in macy's...dont forget to sign up for export card...need proof eg passport.. and then on many items the reduce the tax cos item being exported

Advertisement