Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip & Pin Terminals over the internet?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have wireless broadband so no need for an analogue phone line as the phone is all VOIP based now but all the credit card terminals from the major banks connect via a phone line which means the added monthly cost of line rental. Does anyone know of a terminal/service that is in the modern age?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

hey there,

Had the same problem my self last year. No banks/merchant services will offer this facility.

I was with euroconex/elavon. They said in order to have a physical terminal, I had to have a telephone line to verify cards. This left me forking out 30quid for terminal rental (which is a complete disgrace) and 20 odd quid for line rental a month.

So i told them stick the terminal. I opened up online account with secpay in england, however, still needed to retain merchant account with elavon.

What i have now is a virtual terminal that i manually enter the card details into and the secpay system automatically security checks the card.

Great system, as secpay are very very well priced. Also cut my out goings to Elavon massively.

Is a physical terminal vital to you business or could you process cards through computer?

As my business did nto actually need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Orbghost

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I have a worldpay account which has a virtual terminal but it requires full name, address, contact and so on.

It's ok but when I have a customer with me I just want to swipe the card and be done. Sitting there with the customer while I fill out all the required fields doesn't look very professional and it's rather slow + most customers would be completely foreign to a virtual terminal and wonder what you were doing!

Does your virtual terminal require more than just the card data / customer name?

Advertisement