Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Permission Site Notice

• 29-02-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering what laws (if any?) deal with this?

If I had a site notice up on my wall outside my house, had applied for planning permission on the site & was refused, is there an onus on me to remove the site notice?

According to the county council in my area, the site notice should be removed as soon as I receive the notice of my planning permission being rejected.

In the event of me not removing it, lets say a month after my planning application was refused, would anyone be able to make me take it down, i.e. the enforcement branch of the county council planning dept for instance, or even the local litter warden?

Thanks for any replies. :)

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Site Notices are dealt with in the Planning and Development Regulations 2006. Article 20:
    In addition to the requirements of article 17(1)(b), a site notice shall be maintained in position on the land or structure concerned for a period of 5 weeks from the date of receipt of the planning application by the planning authority, shall be renewed or replaced if it is removed or becomes defaced or illegible within that period and shall be removed by the applicant following the notification of the planning authority decision under article 31.

It would be a matter for the Local Authority to enforce this.

Interestingly (ok maybe not that interesting) the 2001 regulations did not oblige you to remove the notice, simply to "maintain" it for the 5 weeks. Presumably after 5 week you could have then left it to slowly deteriorate and accumulate poo into perpetuity. I'm sure there's an angry neighbour somewhere that can explain the reason for this change with horrific poo-notice tales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

OK cheers Maximus for the reply, you have confirmed what i thought i.e. there seems to be no mechanism to make people take their defunct site notices down. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine the problem is that some sites seem to have colelctions of notices and finding new ones is problematic.
    Arciphel wrote: »
    OK cheers Maximus for the reply, you have confirmed what i thought i.e. there seems to be no mechanism to make people take their defunct site notices down. :confused:
    The bit in bold leaves you with no choice but to take it down.

Advertisement