Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards is the 34th busiest forum in the world

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Top authors during last week:
    Name Posts
    Overheal 307
    Xavi6 242
    Dudess 218
    AlmightyCushion 215
    Sherifu 212
    mike65 196
    randylonghorn 195
    dolanbaker 159
    Wishbone Ash 155
    The-Rigger 150

:eek: That's an average of 34.57 posts per day! If my boss sees that I'm so f*cked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fitness in at No.9 eh?

Lordy Lordy Lordy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

how is digg.com / fark.com not on that list? just out of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

how is digg.com / fark.com not on that list? just out of interest

would it be that they are not forums in the traditional bullitein board sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jesus, do I post that much...?! I actually posted next to nothing between September 2006 and January 2007, plus, even though I joined in July 2005 I didn't start posting regularly til around February 2006. So thankfully my average amount of posts per day looks far less geeky :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That list of most active forums looks wrong to me. BGRH isn't on it, however the bar thread there has about 250-300 posts a day on it during the week. Even though it's quieter at the weekend, you could count on 1,500 posts a week on that thread alone, which would put it ahead of Poker on the most active forums list. If that's missing, what else is, and how much further up the list would Boards be if they were all taken into account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Humour with over 101,000 posts is missing.
    Personal Issues has 202,000 not 79,000.
    Cuckoo's Nest has 187,000 not 43,000.

There's something seriously amiss with those stats. Not reliable at all at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Notice that they have referenced one of the forums (Galway) as Flo Fahy?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just curious, where do you look to see the stats for boards? Most active forums and posters and that kinda stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is some of that info in the original link (first post in this thread) with a few stats on most active forums and users.

The info on Big-boards.com is a wee bit outdated I think.
    Boards.ie is an Irish Community board dedicated to talking, chatting and generally having fun. Full of people from all walks of life and from a multitude of different lifestyles, Boards.ie has a forum on almost everything imaginable to compliment its member base. The users are friendly and the moderators fair, making boards.ie a natural meeting point for all Irish people.

Creation date: February 1998
    Hardware: Load balanced pair of webservers - Dual Xeon - 3 GB RAM - SCSI drives, RAID 5 Database server - Dual Xeon - 3 GB RAM - SCSI drives, RAID 5
    Software: FreeBSD, Apache + mod_php, MySQL and Vbulletin 3.5
    Number of moderators: 296

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hagar wrote: »
    Humour with over 101,000 posts is missing.
    Personal Issues has 202,000 not 79,000.
    Cuckoo's Nest has 187,000 not 43,000.

There's something seriously amiss with those stats. Not reliable at all at all.

And AH is missing 500,000 posts. I imagine it's posts in the last year or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ruu wrote: »
    There is some of that info in the original link (first post in this thread) with a few stats on most active forums and users.

Ah, I must have skipped over the link when first reading the thread, my bad! Thanks Ruu!

Gotta agree with Zaph, it seems that BGRH should be up there somewhere, strange

Advertisement