Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 Palestians/8 Israelis murdered and how the media reacts

Options
  • 29-02-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Israeli shelling of Gaza, 33 including eight children killed in 48 hours. Four of the children were murdered when an Isreali shell landed while playing football.

http://www.imemc.org/article/53129?language=en&print_page=true

These Isreali murdering bast@rds are the scum of the earth, the scum of the earth and nothing less. I suppose we'll have the usual hypocirtes on defending poor little Isreal and screaming anti semitism, anti semitism, anti semitism, anti semitism. And they get away with it because Isreal is the first state of America.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Anti semetic much?

So whats your views on Suicide bombers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

snyper wrote: »
    Anti semetic much?

Ironically enough .... being anti-semetic would also involve being anti-palestinian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You see McArmalite, its not terror as the kids were murdered by legit soldiers, it's collateral damage instead, get it? :D

Now, let's see the defence of these murders from those who defend state actions!

The OP does not want a political discussion. This is a humanities topic. Not a politics one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

McArmalite wrote: »
    and the world is silent

not sure what you mean by that, it is on most news media.

I agree with you that it is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

snyper wrote: »
    Anti semetic much?

So whats your views on Suicide bombers?

Not the same. Palestinian suicide bombers don't have state approval.

Also, you don't have to be anti-semitic to be anti-blowing-up-civilian-children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

gurramok wrote: »
    You see McArmalite, its not terror as the kids were murdered by legit soldiers, it's collateral damage instead, get it? :D

Now, let's see the defence of these murders from those who defend state actions!

it is difficult to understand which side, if not both, are the terrorists in Israel.

I can understand Israel wants to defend itself from rocket attacks, but I guess the Palestinians want the same thing.

Still, I'm sure the UN will issue another resolution for them to ignore:rolleyes:

FruitLover wrote: »

Actually they do, Hamas is the elected government.

FruitLover wrote: »

Also, you don't have to be anti-semitic to be anti-blowing-up-civilian-children.

Meah. ive seen too many of these threads posted to know that its more of an anti Isreal - anti american thing.

What about all the ppl hetting slaughtered in Kenya? What about east timor? and all the other wars...

nope.. if its isreal or america.. then we seem to get them comming out of the wodwork, but there dozens of wars all over the world as we speak, with ppl getting butchered but i rarely see as much "hate" in the posts.

For the record, im impartial to eather side of the Isreali conflict with palestne.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

And they get away with it because Isreal is the first state of America.
    Fifty-first state of America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

where are all the right wing imperialists now,hamas are still the bad boys are they?israel are the terrorists and they should leave palestinian lands for good because their presence wll alway result in hate and murder.palestine and ireland...one struggle:)

rip to those killed

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Its funny how people seem see only one side....It suits the arab world just fine to have a gang of a couple of million Palestinians living in total squaler....the gaza strip is nothing more than an over populated rubbish tip by all accounts.This state of affairs only serves to build World wide pity and support for the Palestinians. If the other Arab states in the area were so concerned for them why arent they taking in refugees from the area?? I wonder how many Iran has taken in over the last 12 months?

Israel is perfectly within thier sovereign right to defend thier country from attack by whatever means they deem effective.Id like to know what made the I.D.F target the positions in which civilians were killed????.....could it have been a position located by means of incoming fire??

The Israeli deputy Defence Minister has given very clear ample warnings to the militants that the State of Israel will not tolerate the rocket attacks and will use all and any means to neutralise the threat.So they have been warned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Clytus wrote: »
    The Israeli deputy Defence Minister has given very clear ample warnings to the militants that the State of Israel will not tolerate the rocket attacks and will use all and any means to neutralise the threat.So they have been warned!!

Do you mean this "warning"?
    "The more Qassam [rocket] fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger shoah because we will use all our might to defend ourselves," Matan Vilnai, Israel's deputy defence minister, told army radio.

From the Guardian article:

Israeli minister warns of Palestinian 'holocaust'

Sounds more like a threat than a "warning". A threat that is completely disgusting and deeply disturbing.
    Its funny how people seem see only one side....It suits the arab world just fine to have a gang of a couple of million Palestinians living in total squaler....the gaza strip is nothing more than an over populated rubbish tip by all accounts.This state of affairs only serves to build World wide pity and support for the Palestinians. If the other Arab states in the area were so concerned for them why arent they taking in refugees from the area?? I wonder how many Iran has taken in over the last 12 months?

Palestinians who are in those refugee camps, because they were ethnically cleansed by Israel. Funny you ignore that.
    You are right that Palestinians living in refugee camps out side of Israel/Palestine are treated horrible by Arab nations. This however doesn't excuse Israels treatment of Palestinians.

Also, why would the Palestinians leave there homeland? If they left Gaza, they would never be able to return. Israel has made it clear Palestinian refugee's that they ethnically cleansed will not be allowed to return. Why would these new refugee's be any different?
    Israel is perfectly within thier sovereign right to defend thier country from attack by whatever means they deem effective.Id like to know what made the I.D.F target the positions in which civilians were killed????.....could it have been a position located by means of incoming fire??

The IDF aren't exactly trust worthy. I don't buy there story.

Oh btw, they are not within there right to you know occupy what little is left of Palestine, and steal more and more land, and turn Gaza into a giant prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Sovereign to who?

Bottom line is half the world dont believe the land is theirs to defend

And how is wanton destruction and butchery of the innocent "defending their country":rolleyes:

Wrong is wrong, whether you have state approval or not and no matter what your beliefs are!

A threat that is completely disgusting and deeply disturbing
    The Ministers spokesman explained his comments:

The more... (rocket) fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, (the Palestinians) will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves," Matan Vilnai told Army Radio.
    Israel's Foreign Ministry spokesman, Arye Mekel, added: "Deputy Defence Minister Matan Vilnai used the Hebrew phrase that included the term 'shoah' in Hebrew in the sense of a disaster or a catastrophe, and not in the sense of a holocaust."
    Sounds more like a threat than a "warning
    YES!!!!!! The militants have been warned. they know that Shin Bet and Mossad are operating in the Gaza strip and could wipe out the Hamas leadership in the stroke of a pen.So why arent they listening??
    ethnically cleansed by Israe
    Care to expand,explain and justify this statement??

Sovereign to who?
    To the Jewish Nation and Citzens of the State of Israel...Every Sovereign nation has the right to defend itself from attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Babybing wrote: »
    Sovereign to who?

Bottom line is half the world dont believe the land is theirs to defend

Half the world ?, any offical stats please ?

And how is wanton destruction and butchery of the innocent "defending their country":[/QUOTE]

Who says they are inncoent ?, the people may have been invloved in attacks against Isreal, the kids may have grown up to be bombers.

If you ask me 33 of these scum dead is a good result.

keep up the good work Isreal

Who says they are inncoent ?, the people may have been invloved in attacks against Isreal, the kids may have grown up to be bombers.

keep up the good work Isreal

Wow.

I feel geuninely sorry for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if the hamas leadership could be wiped out so easily, are israel just starving the gaza population for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Babybing wrote: »
    Wow.

I feel geuninely sorry for you.

your sorry for me is much appreciated, but I am fine thanks
    Tranny wrote:
    if the hamas leadership could be wiped out so easily, are israel just starving the gaza population for the craic?.

Well it was the people that voted fro Hamas so reagarless of what you do to the Hamas leadership theer will be another set of idiots to take over the terrorist activity the next day.

They ( the people) have brought it all on themselves. They will never learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Half the world ?, any offical stats please ?

And how is wanton destruction and butchery of the innocent "defending their country":

keep up the good work Isreal[/quote]You're either mentally deranged or on drugs.What else could explain your views.

• Advertisement

You're either mentally deranged or on drugs.What else could explain your views.

The Ministers spokesman explained his comments:

The more... (rocket) fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, (the Palestinians) will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves," Matan Vilnai told Army Radio.

Catastrophe is also the word the Palestinians use to describe there ethnic cleansing in 1948. So that word isn't much better.

Its pretty clear what he meant by the way. Coming up with a lame after the fact excuse isn't going to work. Either way what he said was disturbing.
    YES!!!!!! The militants have been warned. they know that Shin Bet and Mossad are operating in the Gaza strip and could wipe out the Hamas leadership in the stroke of a pen.So why arent they listening??

He referred to the Palestinians (specifically those in Gaza). So we are not talking about militants. What he said was very very clear, the context is very very clear. Lame after the fact excuse aren't going to work.
    Care to expand,explain and justify this statement??

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by Ilan Pappe.

That book provides plenty of information.

Also, how do you think the Palestinians got in those refugee camps in the first place? Answer, the Zionist movement in 1948, ethnically cleansed the Palestinians.
    To the Jewish Nation and Citzens of the State of Israel...Every Sovereign nation has the right to defend itself from attack.

Threats of Genocide hardly qualify, last I checked, as self defense.

Also, Hamas use the same excuse of "self defense" btw. I don't buy either sides excuse in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

These Isreali murdering bast@rds are the scum of the earth, the scum of the earth and nothing less.
    I suppose you see nothing wrong with the suicide bombers?

wes wrote: »

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by Ilan Pappe.

That book provides plenty of information.

Great book.

I really dont think the general public are fully aware of what actually happened over there.

I know when I discovered the real extent of things a few years back I was shocked and appalled. Just amazing what these people went through and how they were treated and the whole world just turned a blind eye to it for selfish political reasons. Sad state of affairs.

The holocaust pretty much gave the Jews a blank cheque to do anything they like in the middle east.Say anything and you're automatically an anti semite.

berliner wrote: »
    The holocaust pretty much gave the Jews a blank cheque to do anything they like in the middle east.Say anything and you're automatically an anti semite.

Well you might be considered anti-semite if you say the holocaust gave the "Jews" a blank cheque.

I think what you mean is it gave the Israeli State a blank cheque. There is a big difference between the Israeli State and the Jewish people.

Catastrophe is also the word the Palestinians use to describe there ethnic cleansing in 1948. So that word isn't much better.
    are you expert in the Hebrew language?
    Coming up with a lame after the fact excuse isn't going to work. Either way what he said was disturbing.
    In what why??....Disturbing to the militants?? maybe the militants should have given consideration to the fact they used dwellings of innocent civilians before they launched thier rockets against Israel.
    Threats of Genocide hardly qualify, last I checked, as self defense.
    The Minister explained himself...but that sorta statement just typifies the ignorance displayed towards the state of Israel across Europe

I just dont get it......Israel is a middle easteren country that holds the same values and ideals as the majority of westeren nations,so why is it that we attack them so easily?

Wicknight wrote: »
    Well you might be considered anti-semite if you say the holocaust gave the "Jews" a blank cheque.

I think what you mean is it gave the Israeli State a blank cheque. There is a big difference between the Israeli State and the Jewish people.
    The Jews/Israeli state are one and the same.C'mon,get real.

are you expert in the Hebrew language?

I used the translation provided by you for the term "Catastrophe/Disaster". I also pointed out that translation isn't much better.

Also, the term "Shoah" is regularly used to refer to the Holocaust. I don't need to be a expert to know that, I just need to pay attention.

What the minister doing is pathetic back tracking.
    In what why??....Disturbing to the militants?? maybe the militants should have given consideration to the fact they used dwellings of innocent civilians before they launched thier rockets against Israel.

His statement was a clear reference to the Palestinians of Gaza.
    The Minister explained himself...but that sorta statement just typifies the ignorance displayed towards the state of Israel across Europe

The minister was caught out and is now back tracking trying to come with an excuse. As I pointed out the excuse isn't any better, considering the meaning that the word Catastrophe/Disaster has for Palestinians. As I pointed out, they refer to there ethnic cleansing in 1948 as a Catastrophe/Disaster.

I am far from ignorant, I have pointed out that either way you want to look at it, what the Minister said is deeply disturbing. If anyone is ignorant, its the minister in question.
    I just dont get it......Israel is a middle easteren country that holds the same values and ideals as the majority of westeren nations,so why is it that we attack them so easily?

Israel is an apartheid state. Western nations are not apartheid states. There is no comparison between the 2 at all.

If a minister in a western nation said the same thing, he would have been fired already and no one would be making excuses for him.

As for attacking Israel, I am not attacking Israel. I am criticizing there appalling treatment of Palestinians. Murder of civilians and any number of other war crimes, and human rights abuses. Why should Israel be above such criticism?

Also, to make it clear I don't think Palestinians are above criticism either. I just find it odd that so many people seem to think Israel should be.

• Advertisement

berliner wrote: »
    The Jews/Israeli state are one and the same.C'mon,get real.

I would disagree with that. Not all Jews agree with Israel actions. Israel certainly doesn't represent all Jews.

The state of Israel should rightly be criticized. Still it would be wrong to associate the state of Israel actions, with all Jews.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement