Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 Palestians/8 Israelis murdered and how the media reacts

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that'd be kinda like blaming all white people for america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Jews should make their homeland in one of the states of the USA.They would be safe and the palestinians would have their land back.Everyone's happy then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

This is a horrible thread and it makes me sad, has anyone got a point here that isnt terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Read the charter before you post on this forum. Attack the post not the poster.
    Stop the trolling and lets have a proper discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

eoin5 wrote: »
    This is a horrible thread and it makes me sad, has anyone got a point here that isnt terrible?

The situation in Israel/Palestine is pretty dire right now. Neither side doesn't seem to interested in peace, actually neither side is in a position right now to make peace.

The situation will probably descend into a even worse mess. I have my fingers crossed that saner heads will prevent further death, but I don't see anyone doing so. Its pretty depressing all round.

Sadly, there isn't anything to say about the situation that isn't terrible right now imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Rossibaby and Mordeth/Tranny banned for two weeks. Everyone else: if this thread doesn't seriously improve in signal:noise within the next 24 hours it will probably get locked.

Any racism or personal abuse will get the poster a nice long ban to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I agree wes, another 33 families suffer horrific loses on top of rising poverty. It bleak and the Israeli State should be called to book on their behaviour over the last few years, they have abused the sympathies accorded to the 9/11 debacle to push their own agendas, at the cost of the Palestinians once again. Its wrong, But I can't see that cycle being broken as long as lives are being lost. Emotions run too high and people don't get a chance to sit think and act properly, just reactions and excuses.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Theres strong evidence to sugest that Islamic terrorist groups (like Hamas) have no hesitation in either using or exposing (thier own) innocent civilians to danger. Theyd quite happily set up a rocket or mortar position in a civilians back garden....and then claim a "genocide" when the I.D.F return fire on the position and civilians are killed!!!

Hamas care nothing for the people of Gaza....if they did theyd embrace the peace offers that were laid before them...theyd take control of the strip,enforce law and order and develop relations with Israel,in an effort to normalise life for the People of Gaza.But like I said in another post,it suits them fine for the people of the West bank and Gaza to be left living the way they do....so long as they can use thier peoples plight as a handbag to bash Israel in the popularity stakes....the Palestinians will remain living in the conditions they do,with generation after generation of young Palestinian boys being told "look at the crap we live in...ITS ALL ISRAELS FAULT,HERES AN M16..heres a bomb...go blow yourself up in a coffee shop in Tel Aviv"
    Israel is an apartheid state. Western nations are not apartheid states

Theres no Western Nation at the moment that has been attacked in the manner Israel has been in the past,Theres no Western Nation that faces the day to day threat and menace that Israel is faced with.
    Israel is a country on high alert for the last 40 years...so no its not a system of apartheid...its a stong security system that uses a threat profile to identify possible attackers

What do you think is the only reason Israel is in existance today??
    Its the IDF!!
    The world is in agreement that for Iran to possess a Nuclear weapon is bad...and whos gonna stop them??..my bet is that it will be Israel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

was watching fox news the other night , with concerned faces , the 2 bimbos read out a report regarding an israeli woman who injured her leg in a rocket attack by millitants in gazza

no word of the dozens of pallestinians killed by the idf though on fox

and we wonder why americans side with israel every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

I keep reading this crap about Israel being an "apartheid state". Has anyone ever gone to Mass in public in Saudi Arabia?

Put up a Christmas tree in Riyadh?

It can't be done. Because Saudi Arabia outlaws any religion other than the version of Islam that the Royal House of Saud support. That means that any religious observance other than Sunni Islam is not allowed at all.

How many people in Ireland visit "The Holy Land" on pilgrimages every year? Do the IDF stop them from hearing Mass? Of course not.

It's become very trendy in Ireland to see Israel as an outcast state. This is despite the fact that far worse outrages are committed in Burma, Zimbabwe, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan.... But the trendy Irish left can't or won't see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

rlogue wrote: »
    I keep reading this crap about Israel being an "apartheid state". Has anyone ever gone to Mass in public in Saudi Arabia?

It can't be done. Because Saudi Arabia outlaws any religion other than the version of Islam that the Royal House of Saud support. That means that any religious observance other than Sunni Islam is not allowed at all.

How many people in Ireland visit "The Holy Land" on pilgrimages every year? Do the IDF stop them from hearing Mass? Of course not.

It's become very trendy in Ireland to see Israel as an outcast state. This is despite the fact that far worse outrages are committed in Burma, Zimbabwe, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan.... But the trendy Irish left can't or won't see this.
    It is indisputable that the Saudi regime are despots. I don't think there is a single person on this site who wouldn't want to see the back of them. That opinion isn't shared by the United states government though, who are perfectly happy to keep them in power as long as they keep selling them oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

They ( the people) have brought it all on themselves. They will never learn

You seem to forget Israel should never have even existed in the first place.
    snyper wrote: »
    Anti semetic much?

So whats your views on Suicide bombers?

Yawn.

I disapprove of the brainwashing associated with it. I understand the desperation behind it however.
    I

:rolleyes:

In the North the two sides have sympathised with Palestine/Israel since at least the 70s. New trend indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭DublinDes

Half the world ?, any offical stats please ?

And how is wanton destruction and butchery of the innocent "defending their country":

Who says they are inncoent ?, the people may have been invloved in attacks against Isreal, the kids may have grown up to be bombers.

If you ask me 33 of these scum dead is a good result.

keep up the good work Isreal

At best he is trying to troll, at worst he is basically a mirror image of a nazi thug. But that's the thing about Isreal and it's supporters, their's no state in the world today whose values and actions are similair to fascism than Isreal. Nothing but it's complete disbandment will do.

I'm sure if someone described an incident where the nazi's killed innocent jews as " If you ask me these scum dead is a good result. " it would have been pulled staright away, but when the victims are Arab, well they don't count do they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭DublinDes

So indiscriminately murdering 33 innocent people, many of them children, is ok with you. And anybody who raises the issue is, let me quess,....... anti-semitic ofcourse ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bartholomewbinn

your sorry for me is much appreciated, but I am fine thanks

Well it was the people that voted fro Hamas so reagarless of what you do to the Hamas leadership theer will be another set of idiots to take over the terrorist activity the next day.

They ( the people) have brought it all on themselves. They will never learn

You must not only hate innocent Palestinian children, you must also despise the English. You are slaughtering their language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

DublinDes wrote: »
    At best he is trying to troll, at worst he is basically a mirror image of a nazi thug. But that's the thing about Isreal and it's supporters, their's no state in the world today whose values and actions are similair to fascism than Isreal. Nothing but it's complete disbandment will do.

I'm sure if someone described an incident where the nazi's killed innocent jews as " If you ask me these scum dead is a good result. " it would have been pulled staright away, but when the victims are Arab, well they don't count do they.

No state in the world eh? It must really boil your socks that Israel even exists, why you demand it's complete disbandment too.

Get off your high horse and stop being a blinkered fool. There's far worse out there. What's your views on Sudan? Zimbabwe? If you want facism there's better examples out there. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Get off your high horse and stop being a blinkered fool. There's far worse out there. What's your views on Sudan? Zimbabwe? If you want facism there's better examples out there.
    True, but that doesn't put in Israel in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

No state in the world eh? It must really boil your socks that Israel even exists, why you demand it's complete disbandment too.

Get off your high horse and stop being a blinkered fool. There's far worse out there. What's your views on Sudan? Zimbabwe? If you want facism there's better examples out there. Seriously.

How many indiscriminate airstrikes has Mugabe carried out lately?

While Im not condoning him, and the average citizen lives in a bad way due to his economic mismanagement, most Zimbabwean victims of state violence have been people who stood up against the state. Half the Palestinians killed or injured are children sitting in their homes when a bomb flies in.

Think before typing.

djpbarry wrote: »
    True, but that doesn't put in Israel in the right.

I completely agree with you. But what puts Israel in the right is the total and unconditional support of the USA. No matter what atrocities they commit the USA will simply veto every UN resolution that censures them in any way. (I never cease to be amazed why some Americans are puzzled as to why 9/11 happened.) So, they (Israelis) are simply bullying cowards who know that they can get away with anything. But, what goes around comes around, and someday they will get their comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

irish_bob wrote: »
    was watching fox news the other night , with concerned faces , the 2 bimbos read out a report regarding an israeli woman who injured her leg in a rocket attack by millitants in gazza

no word of the dozens of pallestinians killed by the idf though on fox

and we wonder why Americans side with Israel every time

The american media is a joke when it comes to the Israel - Palestine conflict. This is a good documentary on the subject. I highly recommend it.

Peace, Propaganda, and the Promised Land
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCL6WdnuNp4

• Advertisement

Clytus wrote: »
    Theres strong evidence to sugest that Islamic terrorist groups (like Hamas) have no hesitation in either using or exposing (thier own) innocent civilians to danger. Theyd quite happily set up a rocket or mortar position in a civilians back garden....and then claim a "genocide" when the I.D.F return fire on the position and civilians are killed!!!

The IDF are notorious liars as well. I don't find Hamas any more trust worthy. Both have no issue murdering civilians.
    Hamas care nothing for the people of Gaza....if they did theyd embrace the peace offers that were laid before them...theyd take control of the strip,enforce law and order and develop relations with Israel,in an effort to normalise life for the People of Gaza.But like I said in another post,it suits them fine for the people of the West bank and Gaza to be left living the way they do....so long as they can use thier peoples plight as a handbag to bash Israel in the popularity stakes....the Palestinians will remain living in the conditions they do,with generation after generation of young Palestinian boys being told "look at the crap we live in...ITS ALL ISRAELS FAULT,HERES AN M16..heres a bomb...go blow yourself up in a coffee shop in Tel Aviv"

Israel regularly engages in violence against Palestinians and Hamas then in engages in violence as well and so on and so forth. Its a vicious circle.

Israel has hardly offered peace, they gave land in Gaza and took more in the West Bank, something you conveniently forget. Then there fact that Gaza is basically a rather large prison.
    Theres no Western Nation at the moment that has been attacked in the manner Israel has been in the past,Theres no Western Nation that faces the day to day threat and menace that Israel is faced with.
    Israel is a country on high alert for the last 40 years...so no its not a system of apartheid...its a stong security system that uses a threat profile to identify possible attackers

Jewish only roads in the West Bank. How do you explain that? Why would they put there citizen in the West Bank in the first place? Isn't it dangerous to put there citizens in harms way among a hostile populace? Israel's colonialism shows there not interested in security as they are more than willing to put there citizens at risk among a hostile populace.

It is a pretty clear system of apartheid from where i am sitting. Its pretty clear system of colonial expansion as well.
    Its the IDF!!

Israel exists due to the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. An act committed by groups who came before the IDF.
    The world is in agreement that for Iran to possess a Nuclear weapon is bad...and whos gonna stop them??..my bet is that it will be Israel

The world doesn't agree on Iran. There is no evidence they have nuclear weapons at all.

So Saudi Arabia and the other countries you mention suck? There actions don't make Israel innocent at all. In fact, the argument you present makes no sense at all, since your talking about other countries. Other countries being crappy does not make Israel magically better.

So instead of tackling anything posted you come up with a straw man argument. Just because people didn't criticize Saudi Arabia or Zimbabwe, doesn't mean they support them in any fashion what so ever, but then this is typical of apologists for Israel actions, when you can't defend the indefensible, try and change the subject.

As for Israel, explain why there are roads in the West Bank, that the Palestinians can't use? Even apartheid South Africa never went that far. If Israel, wants security for her citizens, why does it colonize the West Bank, putting her citizens among a hostile populace?

Originally Posted by Clytus viewpost.gif
    Its the IDF!!

No its not, it’s the USA, without their support, money and arms Israel would not last peeing time, and they know it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

wes wrote: »
    As for Israel, explain why there are roads in the West Bank, that the Palestinians can't use? Even apartheid South Africa never went that far. If Israel, wants security for her citizens, why does it colonize the West Bank, putting her citizens among a hostile populace?

Indeed, and can someone please explain to me why Palestinians, living in their own land, have to apply for planning permission to the Israeli authorities??

This is effectively one country's apartheid over another. The sad thing is this sort of situation begets violence on both sides and people use this as part of the argument against the other. But let's be clear on the facts:

Since September 2000:

Israeli children killed: 119
    Palestinian children killed: 982

Source (with other interesting facts): http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

It is in the hands of Israel to turn this around and they are using every excuse in the book not to. Shame on them.

taconnol wrote: »
    Indeed, and can someone please explain to me why Palestinians, living in their own land, have to apply for planning permission to the Israeli authorities??

This is effectively one country's apartheid over another. The sad thing is this sort of situation begets violence on both sides and people use this as part of the argument against the other. But let's be clear on the facts:

Since September 2000:

Israeli children killed: 119
    Palestinian children killed: 982

Source (with other interesting facts): http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

It is in the hands of Israel to turn this around and they are using every excuse in the book not to. Shame on them.

No, it’s in the hands of the USA to turn this around, (all they need to do is click their fingers and the cowardly Israelis will have to obey) and they have no interest in doing so. It actually seems that they get some sort of bizarre thrill out of seeing innocent Palestinians suffer. Shame on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Wicknight wrote: »
    not sure what you mean by that, it is on most news media.

I agree with you that it is disgusting.

I think what he means is if those childern where killed in downtown boston or manchester it would be wall to wall coverage on every single news network...Sad how we value human life depending on where you live:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

No, it’s in the hands of the USA to turn this around, (all they need to do is click their fingers and the cowardly Israelis will have to obey) and they have no interest in doing so. It actually seems that they get some sort of bizarre thrill out of seeing innocent Palestinians suffer. Shame on them!

I don't think Israel get out scot-free. Yes, there is a strong Jewish lobby in the US that supports these actions but Israel is to blame. I don't think the relationship between Israel and US is as straightforward as you make it out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 STEVO B

McArmalite wrote: »
    Israeli shelling of Gaza, 33 including eight children killed in 48 hours. Four of the children were murdered when an Isreali shell landed while playing football.

http://www.imemc.org/article/53129?language=en&print_page=true

These Isreali murdering bast@rds are the scum of the earth, the scum of the earth and nothing less. I suppose we'll have the usual hypocirtes on defending poor little Isreal and screaming anti semitism, anti semitism, anti semitism, anti semitism. And they get away with it because Isreal is the first state of America.

Sure the world in more interesrted in trivia, did man u win today?

What we do hear about the war is that young Harry, third in line to the throne i might add, got back from the being on the front line fighting safely after 8 or now they say 10 weeks.

Young Harry, admitted in his honesty that the place was a ghost town, so no danger for the 'bullet magnet'.

taconnol wrote: »
    I don't think Israel get out scot-free. Yes, there is a strong Jewish lobby in the US that supports these actions but Israel is to blame. I don't think the relationship between Israel and US is as straightforward as you make it out to be.

It couldn’t be anymore straight forward. The USA supports them totally and unconditionally with money and military hardware. Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget.
    http://www.washington-report.org/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm
    So, as far as the Palestinian innocent victims of this ethnic cleansing and slaughter are concerned, their blood is very much on American hands. They are being attacked with American military hard ware, paid for with American taxpayer’s money. Shame on them indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Its a battle of words and PR management as much as anything else. Suicide bombers are somehow worse than fighter bombers, when israelis are killed its terrorism but when palestianians are killed its a tragedy. A "provoked" attack could be a kid throwing a stone. Its all well and good to discuss the past and the legitamacy of the state of Israel and all the agreements that no-one kept or could keep and the involvement of the US and the UN but the war is happening in the now and its got to stop. Kids are growing up in that country, the world owes them better than to make them murderers. Proper international pressure is whats required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement