Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pun appreciation thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Sorry - I can't think of any with real quill-ity. Once we get a few we should be on a rollerball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    I think it would be write of us to ink-lude some pen puns on this thread.

I was dyeing to say that ! There seems to be a lot of Bic- kering on this thread. I'm getting really Cross! Someone has talen my Paper -Mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Hmmm i've been a bit pensive trying to come up with a reply...

But I decided to get out my pencil sharpener as I need to make a good point.

This is the pen ultimate reply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't a-scribe to this carry on at all.

I wrote to Ryan air to complain ! They replied saying my case was too tall and next time -use lower case !

They also denied that they have ink jets !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

dak wrote: »
    I was dyeing to say that ! There seems to be a lot of Bic- kering on this thread. I'm getting really Cross! Someone has talen my Paper -Mate!

Maybe they just wanted to biro it?

I asked Ryan air if they had any Pilots ? They said NO! and I was crossing a fine line ! They are a no quills airline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That'd be about write.

Let us eat lettuce !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

A piece of road walks into a bar in and declares to all its occupants: "I'm the hardest bit of tarmac in the whole of this town!"

The piano player stops and the bar goes deadly silent. After a brief pause, all eyes drop, the pianist returns to playing and the piece of road pulls up a bar stool and settles down to a beer.

Five minutes later, a piece of dual carriageway throws open the bar door. Once again, the bar goes silent but for the creaking of the slow-moving overhead fans.

The dual carriageway declares: "I'm the toughest piece of tarmac you'll ever see this side of the border!"

The piece of road slowly turns and locks eyes with the piece of dual carriageway. The tension mounts, other drinkers scatter and take cover.

At that precise moment, in walks a piece of motorway which says: "I'm the hardest bit of tarmac in the whole country and I'll take you both on!"

And there they stood in a three-way Mexican stand-off for what seemed like an eternity.

Once again, the door opens and, into the middle of the stand-off, walks a strange-looking piece of red coloured tarmac with a white stripe on each side. The other three turn their backs to the door, sit down at the bar and stare sheepishly into their drinks.

The bartender sidles up to the three of them and asks what the problem is. "Shhhh!", says the dual carriageway, "Watch what you say, that guy's a real cycle path."

• Advertisement

Recently there was a Czech dude in a pub in Dublin who got horribly drunk, completely wrecked the joint and ended up breaking into the nearby post office to try and steal more money for drink.

Unfortunately he was so drunk he ended up falling into a sorting bag in the basement of the post office and immediately fell asleep.

The next morning the owner of the pub arrived at the post office with a couple of guards and demanded to know where the culprit was, as he wanted him to pay for the damage done to his pub the night before.

'Don't worry,' the postmaster told him, 'your Czech is already in the mail'.

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.

Did you know that before a mother knows the sex of her baby it's a hidden a-gender!!

1. If Yoko Ono married Sonny Bono, she'd be Yoko Ono Bono.

2. If Dolly Parton married Salvador Dali, she'd be Dolly Dali.

3. If Bo Derek married Don Ho, she'd be Bo Ho.

4. If Oprah Winfrey married Deepak Chopra, she'd be Oprah Chopra.

5. If Cat Stevens married Snoop Doggy Dogg (Hey! Now everything is possible!)
    he'd be Cat Doggy Dogg.

News Update:

Police arrested the star of the new Batman movie after he a-Ledger-dly asssaulted family members. The star in question has been released on Bale.......

I heard he performed well in the movie, right of the bat.. Maybe he is a family joker is jest having fun with his elations?
    Under police questioning I believe he bat-caved in though :D

News Update:

Police arrested the star of the new Batman movie after he a-Ledger-dly asssaulted family members. The star in question has been released on Bale.......

Further to earlier reports Police have arrested Batman and Robin !

A police spokesman said " We Gotham both redbrested"

What does batman brush his teeth with?

Two-faced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Whah?

Alice1 wrote: »
    Whah?

:confused:

Bat(tenburg)man:

battenburgcakezi0.jpg

What the matter folks, are you Alfred up of Batman puns already? :(

• Advertisement

I would appreciate if anyone could come up with more comic book hero puns for me to Marvel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

I would appreciate if anyone could come up with more comic book hero puns for me to Marvel at.

That was super, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

No get your Phan Tom to come up with some.

*Whimpers* Still don't get the two-faced reference Beanstalk.....

Thats ok, it was an epic fail anyway! :D

And now, the real Batman:

Batman.jpg

*Whimpers* Still don't get the two-faced reference Beanstalk.....

I Wonder Woman why that is ?

That's The Thing - I don't know either, but he/she was Fantastic Four posting it in this first place.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    That's The Thing - I don't know either, but he/she was Fantastic Four posting it in this first place.

Whaddya mean he/she? I'll have you know I am a (Cat) Woman - miaow

I'll have you know I am a (Cat) Woman - miaow

Pussy.

(Do I win a prize for the shortest pun ever? :D)

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Pussy.

(Do I win a prize for the shortest pun ever? :D)

BAA-TEAM

Advertisement