Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pun appreciation thread!

Options

Comments

well; this is certainly the plaice for puns.

I'm sure we can fish out a few more, but then again, I'm codding you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've been trawling thru my thesaurus looking for puns.
    A thesaurus? That probably cost you a few squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Land mines cost an arm and a leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Land mines??? They're the bomb....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Homer wrote: »
    Land mines cost an arm and a leg!

Is this pun out of Plaice ?

• Advertisement

We've moved on to war/weapon related puns. They will provide us with far more ammunition. Is that nu-clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Such a BOMBARDMENT of war-related puns......;)

We are getting quite ENTRENCHED in this arent we?:D

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    We've moved on to war/weapon related puns. They will provide us with far more ammunition. Is that nu-clear?

No need to Carp on about it ! I can sit perched anyway. I have you in my sights Reely! Tank you !

It's a fishy story that was received from the front by a courier on a motorpike and side carp.

It's a fishy story that was received from the front by a courier on a motorpike and side carp.

On reflection when I cast out ,deep down in murky waters I can see its a battle of wits ! Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

So is it going to be marine or military puns? Either way it's going to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

While angling for new fish puns, I thought I would go out on a tangent;

There was a network engineer who spent so much time setting up VPN's that he now has tunnel vision!

Someones phishing in my email again! :mad:

So is it going to be marine or military puns? Either way it's going to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Were you aiming to have a whale of a time?

Do marine creatures with rifles have fish stocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

While angling for new fish puns, I thought I would go out on a tangent; [..]

Someones phishing in my email again! :mad:

That's a bad sine. By degrees you will lose the function of your email. I suggest you log off while performing further analysis.

oobydooby wrote: »
    That's a bad sine. By degrees you will lose the function of your email. I suggest you log off while performing further analysis.

Its good to see somebody differentiating themselves with a new theme for puns cos I really thought those fish puns sucked. I can see oobydooby becoming an integral part of this thread...

Ah! fish PI for supper.

The square root of this problem is that the probability of maths puns being greather than or equal to the punnery value of fish puns is extremely low ! This theory is like a fish out of water !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

This new pun topic is welcomed glady for some prime factors. I'll contribute some fresh puns but only the odd one. When we reach the sum-mit for this topic we'll find something else soon enough.
    I'm off to get my glasses, having trouble reading some of these puns and the glasses help division don't you know :p

dak wrote: »
    The square root of this problem is that the probability of maths puns being greather than or equal to the punnery value of fish puns is extremely low ! This theory is like a fish out of water !

That's a superficial comparison. I don't mean to be critical but the fish puns had come full circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think you should protract that comment.

• Advertisement

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    I can see oobydooby becoming an integral part of this thread...

The addition of oobydooby to the regular contributors here would indeed be a plus.

That's a superfishial comparison.

Fixed that for ya.

That's a superficial comparison. I don't mean to be critical but the fish puns had come full circle.

All fish swim in circles within a certain radius ! If you get my drift!

Euclid have repeated those lame recurring fish puns for infinity....

Fin

All fish swim in circles within a certain radius ! If you get my drift!

Not really. When I cast my eye over your line of reasoning it's a complex argument. There is an abundance of fish puns but numbers are often deficient.

Not really. When I cast my eye over your line of reasoning it's a complex argument. There is an abundance of fish puns but numbers are often deficient.

Looks like you think its a load of pollocks ?

A fish pun haddockured to me before I stared to type this, but now I forget what it is.

WindSock wrote: »
    A fish pun haddockured to me before I stared to type this, but now I forget what it is.

Ahh! The one that got away !

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    Fin

So is it officially the end?

Advertisement