Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pun appreciation thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

One of the best I've seen was "Super Callie Go Balistic, Celtic Are Atrotious"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Only one I remember off the top of my head was when The Sun broke the story of Prince Harry cheating in an exam at Eton College.

The headline was: 'Harry Rotter'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ewe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I sent in ten puns to a newspaper once in hope they'd make it into the paper.
    But no pun in ten did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

PUNishment

I sent in ten puns to a newspaper once in hope they'd make it into the paper.
    But no pun in ten did.

Heard it! I do love a good PUNchline!

When Cantona jumped into the crowd and kicked that guy one of the headlines was:

'The S*** Hits The Fan' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Or in the Sun newspaper, showing a picture Zinadine Zidane loafing that Italian football player:

"There's a murder on Zidane's Floor....."

Thats hilarious!

When the first case of swine flu was confirmed in England the Sun ran with ''Pigs 'ere ''

Or when that ride Claire Tully (or any other ride wearing a bikini) is in the paper "This hotty will be putting her breast foot forward....... We all know that our page 3 honey has the breast intentions....... Here's our own page 3 gal having a rear-ly goo time at the beach"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

When Obama met the Dalai Lama-from The Sun

"Obama Lama Ding Dong"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Or when that ride Claire Tully (or any other ride wearing a bikini) is in the paper "This hotty will be putting her breast foot forward....... We all know that our page 3 honey has the breast intentions....... Here's our own page 3 gal having a rear-ly goo time at the beach"

off topic - I still can not believe page 3 exists.

off topic - I still can not believe page 3 exists.

Why wouldn't it?

Hahahahahaha OBAMA LAMA DING DONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dmigsyII

In the Mirror recently : a story about Hitler not liking dental surgery:

"I REALLY DON'T REICH going to the dentist"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

When Prince Harry was caught getting stoned like 5 years ago I remember a picture in one of the Sunday news papers saying.
    "Harry Pothead and the Philosophers Stoned"

This was right around the time that the first Harry Potter was being released and they photoshopped the royal family into the Poster.

Was quite funny at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

When trailing the "Terry/Bridges" story:

"Coming up, find out if Wayne "built Bridges" with his old mate John Terry........ Cuts to a clip of them not shaking hands......"
    I see your bet and raise you what Linekar just said on Match Of The Day:
    Linekar wrote:
    No bridges were built by Bridge, as Man City bridge the gap at the top with victory at The Bridge. A bridge too far?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

"DESPITE THE RECESSION THE DEALS SEEM TO HAVE BROUGHT OUT THE SHOPPERS THIS CHRISTMAS, ALL HOPING FOR A GOOD DEAL OR A REGENT'S TREET"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kent: Big game fever is taking a fevered pitch as the fevered rivalry between Springfield U and Springfield A&M spreads like wild fever. This, this is writing?
    Nephew: I'm sorry, Uncle Kent. I lost my thesaurus.
    Kent: Ugh, thesaurus, you'll lose more than that…..In preparation for the big game, Springfield Stadium has caught additional seating capacity fever. Arrgh!

FEVER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

MAN KICKED BY HORSE IN STABLE CONDITION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Ban Ki Moon says several sufferers suffer some sort of sickness.when asked ban said:should sort t'self out.

• Advertisement

A toilet was stolen from the Police station near me.

They released a statement the next day saying that they had nothing to go on.

/leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Swedes 2, Turnips 1.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

kevinc-saynay.jpg?w=500&h=409

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

The lights were too bright at the Chinese restaurant so the manager decided to dim sum.

OutlawPete wrote: »

/leaves

Are you sure your name isn't Russel?

Or can I not see the wood from the trees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Well Hellooo

My friend said today, 'I stopped going to the Abbey Theatre when they started showing too much nudidity.':eek:
    Well we laugheded out louded in the chinese-ese...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Man struck by lightening while sitting on toilet

Headline:...Flash in the pan!!

That was an enlightening joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Brian McFadden is just about to release a new album.

It's going to be called "How to Dismantle An Atomic Kitten".

Credit where it's due - I heard this on Colm & Jim Jim on 2FM this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

The young man quit dating the telephone operator because he felt disconnected. Besides, she had too many hangups.

Advertisement