Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pun appreciation thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

dak wrote: »
    Certainly.. ever since I went to bed with a fire blanket !

So the passion smouldered for a while and then died.

Sometimes these relationships just burn themselves out after a while. I hope I'm not stoking up bad memories for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

“If Satan ever goes bald, there’ll be Hell Toupee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

He tried shaving before, that's how he got his old nick.

A new fish shop has opened in Howth

Its called " Hell's Fish Shop". Iv'e been there and its a great plaice. It has a great offer on sole!

you are codding me!

• Advertisement

FoxT wrote: »
    you are codding me!

You're a dab hand but I've Haddock with you. Are you breaming and having a whale of a time at my expense ? Get off your Perch ! I'm sick from your bitterling and I think I have Salomn eile!

There is no need to get so crabby, it can be sole destroying at times. I assure you I have no Bass motives here, it just helps time goby for me.

Did you know that

Caviar is the roe of the virgin sturgeon
    But the virgin sturgeon don't need much urgin' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭AWard

dak wrote: »
    You're a dab hand but I've Haddock with you. Are you breaming and having a whale of a time at my expense ? Get off your Perch ! I'm sick from your bitterling and I think I have Salomn eile!

On a scale of 1-10...that's an 11! The use of all these puns is de-baitable. The gill't will eat at you and you'll lose all of the joyous spawntanaiety of life when you realize you've isolated yourself with such puns.

But, you'll do it again,on porpoise - just for the halibut. E-ventrally you'll stop.

I think this is going along swimmingly, don't you? :D

yes, but we ought to fin-ish soon, or at least scale down our efforts.

yes, but we ought to fin-ish soon, or at least scale down our efforts.

Come on .... Just because its Fryday no need to have a chip on your shoulder.

Maybe this thread is just a Red Herring ? How Morwong could I be ? Am I just being taken for a sucker ? I dont want to flounder .......but all is not lost ...I see a Ray !

• Advertisement

Morwong? That sounds a bit pikey to me. Why are you carping on about them? You can get them second hand at any prawn shop, you should never shell out the full retail price.

Are you going on the batter tonight by any chance? I might go for a few gills myself. Isn't it great the pubs aren't sMoki anymore?

I feel crappie...might go get wall-eyed. Time eels all wounds I hear...but I've shad it with things in general.

*bows*

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'll not be Koi, you warm the cockles of my heart with the fishtake in here.

If you get my drift?........

I try to be a paradigm of e-fish-ency and minnowmize any damage. If I have to, though, I show no remoras....and operate with sturgeon-like precision.

**Wow, all these puns and no one is threatening to throw me out bodily...what freedom! WooHoo!

What should we do with Brine Cowan though? Ireland is up the creek. We'll never find out why though - even mussel-bound thugs wouldnt winkle the truth out of him.

Brian Cowan has found a way of solving the Irish Economic Crisis .

He has invented a new broom .......and it is sweeping the nation !

It sounds like you're bristling with excitement...you think he can handle it?

Or is he pandering to the population?

<-- goes off to research who this Brian Cowan gentleman is....

AWard wrote: »
    It sounds like you're bristling with excitement...you think he can handle it?

Or is he pandering to the population?

<-- goes off to research who this Brian Cowan gentleman is....

Perhaps he is a gent from the new Harry Potter movie " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

*Maths*

All these puns are pushing me to my limits.

I can't differentiate between puns & normal conversation anymore. My brain is dis-integrating. Though still in my prime, I feel I am losing my identity, and my mind will not set-tle.
    I am overwhelmed by Complex & Irrational emotions. Is it Natural to feel so unReal?

In this Mode I can't help feeling Mean. There is but one cure - I need to conjugate!

• Advertisement

Effect of recession on sale of electrical goods

“It has been discovered that sales of irons are decreasing.”

And on the closure of Irish Sugar Factories

" Cane sugar can't be beet"

I can't differentiate between puns & normal conversation anymore. My brain is dis-integrating. Though still in my prime, I feel I am losing my identity, and my mind will not set-tle.
    I am overwhelmed by Complex & Irrational emotions. Is it Natural to feel so unReal?

In this Mode I can't help feeling Mean. There is but one cure - I need to conjugate!

My cure is PI and cream. You can order yours on (031) 4159265 !

You'll feel better on March 14, 2015 :)

Cherry? Mincemeat?

AWard wrote: »
    You'll feel better on March 14, 2015 :)

Cherry? Mincemeat?

But only for a minute at 9:26 exactly !

I used to be afraid of purchasing residential property for the purpose of renting, but now I have an apartment complex.

As long as you don't go bird house hunting and end up with a condor-minium.

Try hawking some of the properties....

...just avoid estate agents, not only are they robin tits, but they will crow about it to their mates. Raven lunatics the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭proon4

I was talking to a friend of mine today.....he was a very dangerous criminal, but has given it up and has become a poet....... A case of " going from bad... to verse"

Tina Turner was called a stupid tit today by a rival singer... Does that mean she's " Simply the Breast "

• Advertisement

Ronan Atkinson today said his real father was a negro and an accountant

another " Blackadder "

Advertisement