Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballpark figure to replace front suspension?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I did a quick search for this but couldnt find much to suggest what kinda cost would be involved in replacing the front suspension on an 01 Mondeo.

The car suffered an awful clunking noise and when I got down and checked, the front suspension on drivers side is hanging down. Have rang around a few Ford dealers in the past hour to get an idea of the price but all seem to have finished until Monday so just trying to get an idea of what kind of money I'd be looking at.

If anyone can give me an idea would appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do you mean the car is sitting lower over the wheel or something is hanging off the car?

If the car is falling down, it could be a broken spring €100 + i guess
    If bit of suspension is hanging off, I could only imagine it is something like anti roll bar otherwise car wouldnt drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

That sounds quite serious,what does hanging down mean:eek:? Sounds like something has broken or sheared off.I wouldnt drive the car until a mechanic looks at it, it could be dangerous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

sounds like your upper strut mount has given way its an easy job to it would be less than 200 euro all in. havent done one in a while cant remember the price of the mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Cheers...sorry for the dodgy terminology. :o

Have the car parked up and took a photo of the undercarriage and found a Ford garage open this morning and got them to take a look, wouldnt give me a figure but its basically a broken spring and in need of new shocks by a quick check of the pics.

Have it booked in but thats put my mind at rest from reading the prices that we arent (hopefully!) talking heart attack figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Not too bad so, a broken spring isnt really a huge job, havent heard of a spring breaking like that for awhile,is it a common thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not too bad so, a broken spring isnt really a huge job, havent heard of a spring breaking like that for awhile,is it a common thing?
    Springs break with big mileage.. was looking at one last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

JHMEG wrote: »
    Springs break with big mileage.. was looking at one last weekend.

The cars on 170K ......its been pretty plain sailing apart from this :D

Advertisement