Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help!! 1999 Ford Puma

Options
  • 29-02-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys was just wondering if anyone could help on this one. My friends 99' Ford Puma speedo/rev counter backlight not working where do i start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are all the other backlights working except those two, or are all the gauges in darkness?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you will have to take out the cluster containing the speedo etc
    it should be just a few screws and it should pop out. i done it to my integra a year or to ago as they were all faded. well worth doing as the difference it makes.

the little bulbs you need can be got at any motor factors for something 50 cents each.

Before we go that far, I think we should make sure the dash illumination is not simply turned right down.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SniffMyDiff21

Yea all the cluster is in complete darkness. How do i check if the illumination is turned down or take off the speedo cluster? checked a few sites on d net and said to turn the key one click while holding the trip button pressed for a lsit of options

Should be much simpler than that. There'll be a roller switch somewhere on the dash for brightening and darkening the dash illumination. Unfortunately i've no idea where it is on a Puma, but if you have a good look you should find it. If you have the handbook it'll be in it. Try to the right of the steering wheel low down and on the stalks for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anan1 wrote: »
    Before we go that far, I think we should make sure the dash illumination is not simply turned right down.;)

strip the cluster : 10 mins

remove trim carefully : 5 mins

go to shop and buy some bulbs : 15 mins

get back to discover the roller switch was down low : priceless :D:D

good man anan, never even thought of suggesting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SniffMyDiff21

Theres no roller switch for brightening or darkening that I can see so think it mite be the bulbs. Heard that they have a tendency to go after a while and its 1999 but dont know how to go about changing the bulbs

kceire wrote: »
    good man anan, never even thought of suggesting that
    I'm not going to pretend I didn't learn that one the hard way.;)

Advertisement