Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

west end tickets?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi im off to london for easter weekend and want to catch a show. I tried booking on ticketmaster but it wont allow the ticket sale but says its available! does anybody know how i else I can try getting tickets off of a reliable seller?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

I think lastminute.com are fairly reliable, and prices are reasonable.

What show are you going to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

First of all forget buying tickets on-line in advance - they'll be more expensive due to booking charges, etc., etc.

What I do is I pick the shows I want to see then turn up at the theater early on the morning of the show and ask if there are seats available that day and what the cheapest seats are. Usually you'll end up in the gods but 9 times out of 10 you'll get upgraded just as the show starts to better seats!! We managed to get £45 tickets last summer for £15 and ended up with Helen Mirren two rows in front of us.

Midweek or Saturday matinees are a great time to go to the theatre - not usually as packed and more chance of upgrades.

If you want to buy in advance, there's a good cheap-price ticket place on Cranbourn St which runs between Charing Cross Road and Leicester Square - it's beside the Sex shop!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was in London last week for Mrs. 6th's birthday, we bought tickets for Dirty Dancing in advance and they werent cheap. We decided to try a cheap ticket shop on the tuesday and got great tickets for Avenue Q that night at £30 a pop .... great show. From now on I will be buying my tickets that way in LOndon especially if you are flexable on what you want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

6th wrote: »
    I was in London last week for Mrs. 6th's birthday, we bought tickets for Dirty Dancing in advance and they werent cheap. We decided to try a cheap ticket shop on the tuesday and got great tickets for Avenue Q that night at £30 a pop .... great show. From now on I will be buying my tickets that way in LOndon especially if you are flexable on what you want to see.

Avenue Q is excellent - saw it last year.

I'd avoid the Ticket Booth on Leicester Square also - you'll do better by calling to the theatres themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sledgehammer

hopefully going to see phantom of the opera as ms. sledgehammer is dyin to see it and its her birthday too:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Head to www.broadwaybox.com and click on London discounts for pre-bookable discount tickets. Avoid the queues at TKTS etc!

As for lastminute.com, have used them a couple of times but seats were brutal each time (you don't find out where your seats are til you collect the tickets). Never again!

Advertisement