Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

civil unions in the uk for foreign nationals

• 29-02-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello everyone
    I was hoping somebody on here might be able to provide with some advice. i am an irish citizen with a partner from brazil who is in ireland on a student visa (english language) for over two years. we want to enter into a civil union in the uk in may and move over there permanently (a few years at least) later in the summer. Im finding it difficult to understand from uk govt websites exactly what documentation is required and where to send it as far as i can understand, my partner only would reqquire a certificate of approval. would an entry clearance visa be also necessary? Id appreciate any advice from egal people or people who have been through the process. all advice is greatly appreciated. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I don't know about the civil union stuff but the question about the visa is easily answered just by going to the Home Office website. It will tell you whether Brazilians need a visa to enter. (My memory is they don't, but you definitely want to double-check that.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

As a non-EEA citizen he would require a "visit for civil partnership visa" to enter the UK to register a civil partnership, he would have to provide this when the partnership is being registered. Contact the British Embassy in Dublin.

Advertisement