Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Debate

• 29-02-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

all the nutters will be there
    from HAI.ie

Hunting Debate in NUI, Galway

There is a major Hunting Debate taking place in O’Flaherty Lecture Theatre, Concourse, National University of Ireland, Galway on Wednesday, 5th March at 8 p.m.

The debate is being jointly organised by the Political Discussion Society and the Literary and Debating Society and is set to be chaired by Mark Little, presenter of RTE's Prime Time.

The motion of the debate is: "This House Would Ban Hunting in Ireland". Speaking for the motion is Galway Green Councillor, Niall O’Brolchain and Olivea Lally, Auditor of the NUI, Galway Animal Rights Society. Councillor, Niall O’Brolchain has been involved in the formation and drafting of the Green Animal Welfare Bill with Trevor Sargent and Minister, John Gormley, all who have a vested interest in banning hunting in Ireland.

Speaking against the motion will be David Scallan, of the NUI, Galway Countryside Society and Ph.D. student undertaking research on the impact of country sports on economy and habitat conservation in Ireland along with the Hunting Association of Ireland Ltd Chairman, Gavin Duffy.

Amongst the many organisations invited are the Irish Council Against Blood Sports (ICABS) and Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN).

It is vitally important to have large support from those involved in hunting and country sports in Ireland to demonstrate the support for hunting.

Please forward this message to as many members as possible involved in hunting, shooting and country sports.

It is all our responsibility. We will win the vote if we have the people there on the night!

Please do not hesitate to contact David Scallan if you require any further information regarding the debate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If ARAN will be there let's go lads. Free strip shows for everyone:D. It looks like that crowds only reason for existance is exhibitionism by all means... .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

yeah but i bet they are ugly:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

John "the Flasher" [the leader] Carmody certainly is:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Did anyone manage to attend? Anyone aware of how the event went?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Seeing that it is pretty quiet on the Irish boards and media.I guess not to well for some folks;):D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Hi Brian,

I got your PM on the other site. Unfortunately I couldn't attend, I didn't get home from work until late and I'm over an hour from Galway. How did it go?

All the best,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

Hi John no bother,
    i've no report of it yet,only got the news via email from a friend.but i' sure i'll get an update and let everyone know.
    but if it wen twell for the anti's they'd be letting us know
    Bryan

Advertisement