Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rank/Tagline part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh really?

Glitches never happen in software?

You know because you're a software engineer?

Oh right, well you sure told us then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jesus christ are you a whiney bitch.

congrats on knowing noone else banned had a tagline of 'freak'. I'm sure the relevance of you being a sw engi helped you find that out.

thus far people have been civil but you really are pushing it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Kazobel wrote: »
    Is that how yous are going to deal with this? dismiss me as being "all about me" sure at the best of times that's how you all deal with everything.
    I'm not dismissing you. Nobody here is dismissing you.
    Simply put you got the wrong end of the stick.
    Any one of us might have jumped to the same conclusion in your position but when you look closely you'll find that the Admins and the Smods are decent people. None of them would do what you are accusing them of. If I thought they would I would walk of the site myself in disgust but I'm not about to. Why? Because you are mistaken, it's not a personal attack, it's not an attack of any type. Calm down and think clearly, the malice you suspect is non-existant.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

None of the directors are going to reply this evening, possibly this weekend, so I suggest you take a break for the moment, or else listen to the sound advice of the posters currently posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

WTF

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tbh this all looks like a case of sandy vaginas to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I registered on this site in 2002, and I can vividly remember being a "fast newbie". Am I right in thinking people with 2000 posts or more used to have the tagline "no life, no hope"? Its ringing a bell, anyways. I remember my bf (who is one of the Feb 98 crowd) had that tagline. Maybe it was because he'd subscribed.. whatever. I remember the fast newbie, freak etc taglines.

Kaz - in all fairness, you need to get over yourself (and your other alt. account should probably get over themselves too). No one here is out to get you. You owe the admins an apology. I would imagine that most of the people on here don't give a shyte whether you're a man, a woman, a bit of both, black, white, purple with yellow polka dots. I know I certainly don't care. Yet everytime you feel hard done by or attacked (which, from the aggressive tone of a lot of your posts is a lot of the time) you make out that people are picking on you because of your sexuality.

Perhaps people can't warm to you because you're a touch too quick to play the "poor me" card? Just my €0.02.

edit : I'd like to change my tagline - do I have to subscribe to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tranny wrote: »
    tbh this all looks like a case of sandy vaginas to me.

You couldn't have picked a more inappropriate analogy, could you?

Listen, Kazobel, take a step back, come back in a couple of days. I appreciate how strongly you feel about this, but it's not worth getting your blood pressure up. You will do yourself no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This is a private forum. Want your name changed? icon_twisted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

The reason it didn't happen to anyone could be because you were moved from the "banned" usergroup back into the "registered user" usergroup.

Either that or noone else gave enough of a crap about it to start a thread in Feedback.

Kazobel, you're not the first trannie on boards, and I doubt you'll be the last. Accusing people of mucking around with your account (and one that's only been on boards all of 6 months; hardly a high profile) for that reason smacks of a combination of paranoia and petulance.

Anyway, WTF does it matter what it says under a false name on an internet forum?? I don't understand where the apoplectic rage is coming from. Admins/SMods, please feel free to change my tag ('rank'! ha...) to Freak/Loser/Fag/Gaylord/whatever you feel like so that Kazobel doesn't feel like she's the only victim of opression on these dark, tyrranic forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It was an obvious homo/transphobic act and you just don't want to admit it

No, it wasn't. It was a simple kick into a usergroup when the ban was removed. You're choosing to see it as something hugely malicious, targetted at you. I can see why you might jump to that conclusion, but it's a jump in the wrong direction - something that's been pointed out a few times now, by those in the know. Yet you refuse to recognise the most simple explanation, preferring to go for a more self-centric conspiracy style reading. Can you see why people are emphasise this point?

People who've been around here longer than you remember being "Freaks". It's one of the old tags people had at one stage, myself included. Sometimes you just have to accept that something is what it is, and nothing more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Number two: I own a vBulletins site DeV and there is no default "Freak" tagline, there are no default tags at all, you have to create them and none run on here and just to prove it here's my sites rank manger as it came with the software.
    Kaz, this site has been around since 1997, it's frigging huge, the vB has been upgraded several times, loads of people have added hacks (not sure Cloud has any other hobby!) and sometimes gremlins get into the works ... as a software engineer you should be able to understand that.

To my own extremely amateur knowledge, there are two ongoing oddities:

(1) the script to start the back-up seems to have a "time drift" for want of a better phrase ... after the last upgrade back-up used to start approx. 3.05 at first, it has gradually drifted until now it starts around 3.25, and it's still drifting.

(2) Occasional time-warps whereby responses to posts appear before the original post.
    those ranks ended a long time ago but still I was the only one the "Freak" rank magicaly applied to? that's a cop out and as I said in my 3rd point if DeV is a Sys Admin why did he just not know that? why did he have to look into it? I know I know everything that happens on my site and would never need to go looking for answers ...
    Is your site the 34th busiest in the world? And if something like that happened on your site, even if you thought you knew the answer, wouldn't you take a few minutes to double-check?

Kaz, I accept it was a ****ty thing to happen, and I can understand why you would be upset, but it looks like it was just an unfortunate co-incidence. Two Admins, DeV and Regi, have already responded to you. Loads of people who've been around since the early days have pointed out that this is just a brief re-appearance from the depths of the programming of an old default tagline from yesteryear ... a glitch, in fact.

And did you notice how quickly DeV responded to your original complaint, even in the middle of the working day, and went off to to check it out? Wouldn't that suggest to you that he took the issue seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll say with absolutely certainty that I do not believe that anyone in the position of changing user tags would so quickly abuse someone via that feature.

I remember not so long ago, I suggested jokingly that we changed CoolSmileyGirl's name to CrazyCatLady, and this was pretty dimly viewed on, there was even accusations of bullying. I was pretty shocked that it was thought I meant it in a maliscious way, because it wasn't. So I just don't believe anyone with the power would stoop to abusing someone in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah I had a No life tag once.

One example is anti

his tag is still 'no life'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=69963

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 OrlaBarry

Accidents happen. I seriously doubt any Admin meant that to happen.
    I remember there was once a normal user accidently made an Admin for a night. And he wasted it!! ;p

Boards has a lot of their own scripts etc running. Vex having 666 posts, Ecksor being a constant "0" posts. The main reason they didn't upgradeVB for a long time was because of those alterations they made over the years. When a new forum is added or a mod added there is, I think, a script that runs over night or some time to update. Boards is not your standard VB set up.

There is noway that any of the admins would have done what you are suggesting on purpose. They are actually nice guys. Did they not unban you after using dual accounts etc?

I can understand you initial reaction given your, I dunno, "stuff" but If you take a step back and think about it I think you should take the Admins at their word here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

embee wrote: »
    I registered on this site in 2002, and I can vividly remember being a "fast newbie". Am I right in thinking people with 2000 posts or more used to have the tagline "no life, no hope"? Its ringing a bell, anyways. I remember my bf (who is one of the Feb 98 crowd) had that tagline. Maybe it was because he'd subscribed.. whatever. I remember the fast newbie, freak etc taglines.

Kaz - in all fairness, you need to get over yourself (and your other alt. account should probably get over themselves too). No one here is out to get you. You owe the admins an apology. I would imagine that most of the people on here don't give a shyte whether you're a man, a woman, a bit of both, black, white, purple with yellow polka dots. I know I certainly don't care. Yet everytime you feel hard done by or attacked (which, from the aggressive tone of a lot of your posts is a lot of the time) you make out that people are picking on you because of your sexuality.

Perhaps people can't warm to you because you're a touch too quick to play the "poor me" card? Just my €0.02.

edit : I'd like to change my tagline - do I have to subscribe to do it?

Just because the word is "Transsexual" doesn't mean it's a "sexuality". "Gay", "Straight", "Bi", "Lesbian" are sexuallities, Transsexual is a gender just like Intersexed or male or female and I play no "poor me" card, **** you, try reading up on things before you give an opinion that you think is informed but really isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just because the word is "Transsexual" doesn't mean it's a "sexuality". "Gay", "Straight", "Bi", "Lesbian" are sexuallities, Transsexual is a gender just like Intersexed or male or female and I play no "poor me" card, **** you, try reading up on things before you give an opinion that you think is informed but really isn't.

Getting abusive isn't going to do you any favours here. Maybe you should take the others advice and log off til you calm down.

People are trying to help you here, not help the Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I've reported this post.

Everyone in this thread has been incredibly patient with you. Nobody has abused you in any way. These issues are in your head as far as I can see. You have no need to get abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Point proven, tbh.

I said you were aggressive and on the attack a lot of the time. You respond by saying F*** you". I don't care if you're transgender. I don't really care whether or not you think my opinion of you is informed or not (but here's a tip - the only opinion I can have of you is one you put across in your own posts, so whether or not I'm "informed" is all down to you). I don't agree with you, and I don't have to. Re-starting a thread that was locked (after you were given a perfectly honest and valid explanation) just to call admins liars and cnuts to me is completely aggressive behaviour. You could have PM'ed DeV, but you wanted to make sure everyone knows how aggrieved you are at a simple mistake - there's the "poor me" card I spoke about earlier. Then you're saying "f*** you" to me..... The difference between you and I is that I'm not going to resort to swearing at you and jumping on the attack. You seem really, really angry about an unfortunate coincidence. On a message board on the internet.

Time to put those perspective goggles on.

• Advertisement

Point proven, tbh.

I said you were aggressive and on the attack a lot of the time. You respond by saying F*** you". I don't care if you're transgender. I don't really care whether or not you think my opinion of you is informed or not (but here's a tip - the only opinion I can have of you is one you put across in your own posts, so whether or not I'm "informed" is all down to you). I don't agree with you, and I don't have to. Re-starting a thread that was locked (after you were given a perfectly honest and valid explanation) just to call admins liars and cnuts to me is completely aggressive behaviour. You could have PM'ed DeV, but you wanted to make sure everyone knows how aggrieved you are at a simple mistake - there's the "poor me" card I spoke about earlier. Then you're saying "f*** you" to me..... The difference between you and I is that I'm not going to resort to swearing at you and jumping on the attack. You seem really, really angry about an unfortunate coincidence. On a message board on the internet.

Did Kaz Call the Admins Cnuts?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've infracted this person for abuse of another poster. Could all other mods please do the same so we can send her on a little site wide holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can't see what all the fuss is about, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

OrlaBarry wrote: »

No she said somebody had changed it intentionally to be a cnut.

Kharn wrote: »
    Could all other mods please do the same so we can send her on a little site wide holiday?

Eh, that's a bit of an abuse of the infraction system there Kharn. There's been nothing siteban worthy yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

OrlaBarry wrote: »

Simply admit it, someone changed it to be a cnut.

AFAIK Admins and SMods are the only ones that can change tag lines.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kharn wrote: »
    I've infracted this person for abuse of another poster. Could all other mods please do the same so we can send her on a little site wide holiday?

Being abusive isn't a sitebannable offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Point proven, tbh.

I never said "F*** you" you just assume I did but I'm sure any mod can check and what I typed in was "**** you", it was never changed by the censors because I didn't type in a banned word so you just assumed it was F**K and as for the infraction I just recieved for apparently telling embee to "F*** off" hate to say this sonny but I didn't curse once and as far as I'm aware "****" has yet to be classified as a curse and if it is I'd love to know how you'd pronounce it! so **** you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I never said "F*** you" you just assume I did but I'm sure any mod can check and what I typed in was "**** you", it was never changed by the censors because I didn't type in a banned word so you just assumed it was F**K and as for the infraction I just recieved for apparently telling embee to "F*** off" hate to say this sonny but I didn't curse once and as far as I'm aware "****" has yet to be classified as a curse and if it is I'd love to know how you'd pronounce it! so **** you too!

Implying it is just as bad tbh. This thread is going no where. I don't think the OP is willing to listen to anyone.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement