Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rank/Tagline part 2

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Kharn wrote: »
    Actually Sully, given the situation, calling her a lad is probably more abusive...

So one more person who has consistently abused the staff and members of this site gets upset when we tell them we're not into taking abuse? Boo feckin hoo tbh.

No actually I'll be totally honest alot of people refer to me as he/him etc but I found your infraction way more abusive because Sully is just answering as he sees it, you've never even interacted with me on here but infracted me just in the hopes of getting others to follow suit and have me site banned just because you don't like me and btw when did I "consistently" abuse the staff and members? one thread is not consistance, consistance requires at least a couple of weeks and most mods and members on here will tell you I'm always polite if I screw up and am told so shove your "consistant" crap up your...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jtsuited wrote: »
    edited : noticed one of the stickies.

can people please go easy. this person feels like there was malicious intent. Fair enough if you don't agree, but a bit of sympathy for their situation wouldn't go a miss.
    have none of you ever picked up on anything wrong in your life, and were so upset about it you misinterpreted loads of other things incorrectly? most people have done it at least once.

Tbh, it was extremely unfortunate, and I certainly had sympathy to begin with, but Kaz refuses to accept that it was merely a glitch, and goes on to be quite abusive. Embee tried to be quite patient and understanding, yet this gesture was thrown back at her with spite.

This is just a saga now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

jtsuited wrote: »
    edited : noticed one of the stickies.

can people please go easy. this person feels like there was malicious intent. Fair enough if you don't agree, but a bit of sympathy for their situation wouldn't go a miss.
    have none of you ever picked up on anything wrong in your life, and were so upset about it you misinterpreted loads of other things incorrectly? most people have done it at least once.

Most people on here would have accepted both DeV and regi's explanation of what happened here. What happened with Kazobels tagline is (and has been, a million times) easily explained. Yet here we are, dozens of posts in, and she's refusing point blank to accept the explanation. Instead, she is fighting and snarling and getting abusive with people, just because they don't agree with her.

I haven't an ounce of sympathy at all for her - she's spoiling for a row.

embee wrote: »
    You don't like posting. Yet here you are :rolleyes: You'd rather sit and row with strangers than have the courage of your convictions and get off boards, which is, after all, what you'd "rather" do.

Give it a rest, ffs.

Since it seems to be accetable for others to say it to me without the infractions I get, embee, why don't you just go an STFU?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kazobel wrote: »
    most mods and members on here will tell you I'm always polite if I screw up and am told

After your conduct on this thread I wouldn't agree with this. You really should have approached this is a more mature manner. Even if this was more than a software glitch that is no excuse for your attitude to some of the people who posted on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Kazobel wrote: »
    Since it seems to be accetable for others to say it to me without the infractions I get, embee, why don't you just go an STFU?

Oh for crying out loud, what age are you? Seriously? My 2 year old daughter has more maturity.

If someone tells you to "STFU" and you don't like it, then report the post. You have that facility just like everybody else. Has it occurred to you at all that the reason you are getting infractions left right and centre is because you are being so aggressive and abusive on this thread?

Of course it hasn't. We're all out to get you, remember?

embee wrote: »
    Oh for crying out loud, what age are you? Seriously? My 2 year old daughter has more maturity.

If someone tells you to "STFU" and you don't like it, then report the post. You have that facility just like everybody else. Has it occurred to you at all that the reason you are getting infractions left right and centre is because you are being so aggressive and abusive on this thread?

Of course it hasn't. We're all out to get you, remember?

Oh god give me a break, that's just the easy answer to everything on this forum isn't it? Just say "We're all out to get you" and then the OP becomes the defender while at least 20 other have licence then to become the agressors, I'm actually suprised you don't see that to be honest since you mod the parents forum since the same thing happens with kids, there's always two kids and ones an instigator and one is a perpetrator so one will say "I wonder what these walls would look like with green crayon on them" (The instigator) and the other will always say "I'll show you"(The perpetrator). The instigator is always free from blame and on here the OP(the defender) becomes the perpetrator

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

GowranSTFU.jpg

btw, you're way too easy...

* keeps winding

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Kaz:

I can at least take a good stab, I think, at imagining how you must have felt when you looked up and saw "Freak" under your nick.

It was a shitty thing to happen, and I can quite understand how you would immediately jump to the conclusion that someone was being a smartarse, and a fairly cruel one at that.

But I don't believe for a moment that's what actually happened.

Two of the Admins at this point, both decent guys, and a number of the people who are here for a long time and are familiar with the system and the anomolies it throws up from time to time have explained what happened to you.

Hell, I'm about as much of a tech-head as George of the Jungle, but I've seen enough computer systems throw up enough wierd and wonderful glitches (and seen the huge, unwieldy, much-hacked monster that is Boards throw enough wobblies, for that matter) to find that explanation extremely easy to believe. And I remember those tags on other vB-based boards, and have no doubt they're still buried under the surface here somewhere too, even if not in current use.

At the start of this thread, there were a lot of people who were sympathetic and supportive. Now, because you have stuck your fingers in your ears for all this time and gone "lalalalalalalala, you're all a shower of cnuts, I'm not listening to a word you say!!" people have lost patience and you're getting the rough edge of their tongue. That's human nature, I'm afraid.

At the risk of getting my head handed to me, can I suggest that you do indeed log off, get some sleep, and re-read the earlier part of this thread calmly and with an open mind in the morning?

Beir bua!

R

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Kharn wrote: »
    * keeps winding
    /snips the wire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

That's why it should have been posted in the Help Desk forum.... not in Feedback.

There are several examples of perfectly amicable feedback threads... they usually involve the OP not being confrontational and aggressive in getting an issue resolved.

sorry yeah, i just read that bit after i made that post. hence the edit. apologies.
    i'm such a n00b!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I know the administration likes to moderate Feedback but I won't stand by when moderators are abused after taking the time to reply. This isn't getting anyone anywhere except being booted off the site. Kazobel, I suggest you read the replies by the 2 admins here and take your own advice. Log off for a while. I'm locking this until an admin (should they wish to) reply to this thread and I'm tired of seeing this pop up on the front page with cats/picard/other pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hi Kaz.

Go and find a friend of yours, whom you trust. Have them read this thread. Let them come to their own conclusions and then ask them what they think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement