Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin motors auction - crazy risky most of the time if I have no mech knowlwdge?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Id imagine most of the great bargains are snapped up by trade people?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you'd be suprised alot of the cars that are bargains that dont actually get snapped up by dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

miju wrote: »
    you'd be suprised alot of the cars that are bargains that dont actually get snapped up by dealers

I'd be very surprised unless the trader was a total novice.

OP - try to get someone with a mechanical background to accompany you. You might get lucky, but then again............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well thus far, i've seen many a dealer turn down their noses at some cars which have later been sold on fairly easily for a 2-3k profit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Possibly, but I'd like to see how it all panned out if a warranty was supplied to the end user.

Advertisement