Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gta Iv

• 29-02-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Rockstar is goin to release it a PC version of the game?
    thanks Tomas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would hope so, a few months after the PS3 and XBox360 release *crosses fingers* No official announcements as far as I am aware though. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If they stay true to previous form, expect to see it about 8-9 months after the console release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

hope so, coz I cant stand cosoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Why would that be???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nailz wrote: »
    Why would that be???

Duh! cos he may have to buy the game.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

You wouldnt be suggesting the use of pirated software would you Kdjac? :D
    2039513085a6121901394m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

You wouldnt be suggesting the use of pirated software would you Kdjac? :D
    2039513085a6121901394m.jpg

Yarr harr flibberdygee, do what you want 'cause a pirate is free... Etc etc. :D

Also, GTA4 - which is a first person game, is miles better when using a mouse than the crappy analogue thumb things on the playstation, or any console...
    It just works better on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cianclarke wrote: »
    Yarr harr flibberdygee, do what you want 'cause a pirate is free... Etc etc. :D

Also, GTA4 - which is a first person game, is miles better when using a mouse than the crappy analogue thumb things on the playstation, or any console...
    It just works better on PC.

GTA4 will be third person unless they've made some radical changes recently...
    Definitely agree though, Vice City was so much better on the PC thanks to the mouse and keyboard. 360 controller should be alright for it though, and for the sake of playing the game 8-9+ months before the pc version, I think I'll make do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Find it better on consoles myself mainly cos i cant wait 9 months :D

Does using Kb and mouse make it easier?

kdjac

:D
    I just can't think of using a mouse for a game like GTA...

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Why would that be???

I hate joystick, and like to add things in a game like new cars & etc.

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

I have all games from GTA 2, original versions. so you can keep your opinion to your self.

So if we were supposed to keep our opinions to ourselfs, there would be no point in boards then would there... Cop on and think about it before you blow your trumpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Definetely prefer the PC version. Its much better too. looks way nicer too. I'll probably play a small bit of it on a friends console but i'll hold back playing properly till it comes out on PC. its worth the way to play the better PC version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I played the PC version of S.A with a joypad...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

No, PC version is way better, you can use the mouse, put in mods, save screenshots,
    and maybe a bit of hot coffee ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just spent 15 minutes typing, but was logged out. When I clicked back, all gone.

The short version: no, as 360/P3 graphics jump not big (think San Andreas), and will depend on testing (360/P3 = standard, PC = varied).

Also, hope it'll come on duel Steam/DVD release. Steam release will allow easy get and play on day of release, as well as allow people to get it in the shops (non BB / want the disc).

Advertisement