Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stering Dilemma - feedback appreciated

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    I'm up North tommorow looking at cars.
    I tried to get some sterling today from AIB but they were cleared out.
    Should have thought of taking out euro for later conversion before closing time today, but I didn't.
    Is there anyway of withdrawing several thousand from a bank account over the weekend?

I know that ATMs are typically limited to e600 per day.

Just lookin for any alternatives

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

smartblaa wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    I'm up North tommorow looking at cars.
    I tried to get some sterling today from AIB but they were cleared out.
    Should have thought of taking out euro for later conversion before closing time today, but I didn't.
    Is there anyway of withdrawing several thousand from a bank account over the weekend?

I know that ATMs are typically limited to e600 per day.

Just lookin for any alternatives

You could break into a bank tonight....

Does AIB not have something to do with Postbank? Or is just that you can pay AIB bills via the post office.

Apart from that, i don't think there is anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can withdraw from AIB accounts via the Post Office, but I'm pretty sure the amounts are limited.

OP - if you're going to be looking for a large amount of currency in future, it's normally a good idea to pre-order it

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Thanks a mill.
    Just rang telephone banking there.. they said that IT IS possible to withdraw through post office.
    It will depend on how much they have though!! ..and how nice they are feeling.

Any of ye know of a big one near the border? Dundalk?

Advertisement