Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Heroes trailer

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

New trailer up for BF Heroes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQP-uBijWg

This looks like it could be a bit of a laugh - "goin' back to my roots" springs to mind, looks kinda like BF 1942 on speed.

And it's going to be a freebie and won't need a monster PC to run.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Better quality trailer up at: http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/video
    YouTube is ****.

Looks like it could be the making of a really fun game to play. Being free will open it up to many people who just didnt see the point in paying 50 or 60 euro for those half arsed recent battlefield games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Royal Army versus the National Army though? We can't even pretend to be Nazis anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Looks like its gonna be some good craic playing this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Spear wrote: »
    We can't even pretend to be Nazis anymore?

Nazis aren't fun.
    I like the look of it, and the bit about the 15 year old kid playing for 8 hours a day is a nice little dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Looks good like,should be a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

does actually look good fun in a rip off some other game that looks the same with cartoony characters.....damn cant rememeber the name ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Couldn't really see myself playing it in the longterm but would definitely give it a try, price is right anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

KdjaCL wrote: »
    does actually look good fun in a rip off some other game that looks the same with cartoony characters.....damn cant rememeber the name ;)

kdjac

Give over.
    People are trying to appeal to the casual gamer, it's todays big thing.

Which game would casual gamer No. 1 like to play?
    Game number 1:
    manhunt2.jpg
    Or game number 2:
    BF-Heroes-scr1.jpg

Of course you know the correct answer, this is a great move by EA to encourage people to play their games and if people like them; "Hey I might give that game BF2 or 2142 a go, a lot of people seem to like that."

The whole comparison to TF2 is old and done, for all you know heroes could have been in development before the shift to cartoony graphics was made in TF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Although I realise that KdjaCL is jesting, I might add that stylised graphics have been around for ages, Darwinia and Grim Fandango pop to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Definitely look like itll be worth a go, BF1942 with a sense of humour, whats not to like? And hey it cant be any worse than the latest BF games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The whole comparison to TF2 is old and done, for all you know heroes could have been in development before the shift to cartoony graphics was made in TF2.
    EA has a history of ripping off other people, or just taking over the company, and churning out ****e.

=-=

I'm looking forward to flying the spitfires. Oh, and lol @ people being able to sit on the wings of the aircraft, even when it goes upside down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 earljustine

I think this game is gonna be awesome. I love all the battlefield games. When will this arrive?

http://www.latestcouponcodes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Looks good, and you cant really argue with it being free...

Been looking for a BF fix since losing my cdkey, will defo be taking a look at this..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I think this game is gonna be awesome. I love all the battlefield games. When will this arrive?

Due sometime after the summer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Looks good, going to give it a try anyway.

After the summer is a good bit away though!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Wow I am really suprised by the positive attitudes here, most hardcore BF2/2142 players I know think this is a joke.

I think it will be entertaining for a 10 hours play extreame tops, but really its just going to be a mild distraction. Its a shame this is what EA have decided to do with the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wow I am really suprised by the positive attitudes here, most hardcore BF2/2142 players I know think this is a joke.
    Any idea what the BF1942 players think of it? Like, come on, no flashy mech things like 2142, etc, crappo graphics...

I know I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

this looks like it'll be fun. I wonder how intrusive the in game advertising will be (soldiers running round with "sponsored by kevlar"on their chest could be funny). Isnt there supposed to be some form of paid content ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

LoLth wrote: »
    this looks like it'll be fun. I wonder how intrusive the in game advertising will be (soldiers running round with "sponsored by kevlar"on their chest could be funny). Isnt there supposed to be some form of paid content ?

There is no ingame advertising. All advertising is done purely on the webpage, though everyone needs to visit that page to play the game. The paid content is in the form of microtransactions for the likes of new skins, items that may give and advantage, such as weapons aren't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

'Wow I am really suprised by the positive attitudes here, most hardcore BF2/2142 players I know think this is a joke.'

there were hardcore 2142 players?

anyway, this game looks good, might just be enough to spark my fps interest again, we will see.

Anything that brings back the original 1942 flavour is a good thing tbh, everyone may wax lyrical about the glory days of BF2 (cough) or 2142(splutter) but the real glory days in the BF series was 1942, STILL the best game in the series, fact! :D

/flame on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

/flame on

nah your right.

kdjac

Advertisement