Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa Programmes

• 29-02-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone here collect GAA programmes. Have a lot from 40's on and am looking for people who might be interested in swapping. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I collect too, send me a pm with your email address and i'll send you on a list of swaps I have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulodwyer

hi there,
    i am a collector of gaa programmes only finals ie provincial and all irelands in both codes.can you send a list of swaps that you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

would you also mind sending me on the PM ... cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Hi Folks

I collect the season of sundays picture books and am missing the 2002 edition. Know its a long shot but if anyone has a copy Id be interested.

Thnaks

• Advertisement

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I collect the season of sundays picture books and am missing the 2002 edition. Know its a long shot but if anyone has a copy Id be interested.

Thnaks

Your local bookshop may be able to order this book in for you or else another option might be amazon.com

will1977 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone here collect GAA programmes. Have a lot from 40's on and am looking for people who might be interested in swapping. Thanks

Have you tried the collectibles forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=394 ... you may get lucky :)

Thanks for your reply Kerry4Sam. Have tried Amazonand the publisher but its sold out from them. Will try the colectables forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 westernisland

hi i have a lot of swaps from 1940s on as well can we exchange wants/swaps list
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I can't tell you where or when it is, but I heard a few weeks back that there is meant to be some sort of GAA programmes fair happening around now. Check it out lads.

• Advertisement

that gaa programme fair was on in armagh last saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I have every kildare match from 93 to 02 if thats any good to anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I have every kildare match from 93 to 02 if thats any good to anybody?

*Tumbleweed scitters accross the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OffalyRover

Hi,
    I am interested in the programmes you have to swap. Please send an up to date list.
    I have about 200-300 programmes to swap, mainly championship hurling and football, from 1980's to present.
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 progcollector

i have some provincial finals mainly hurling in munster 77 to 2008 except 83 and 98 draw and replay and some others looking for ulster and connacht and all sorts of gaa programmes etc including rugby and soccer thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Your local bookshop may be able to order this book in for you or else another option might be amazon.com

Unfortunately Season of Sundays 2002 is actually completely sold out. Not even 'Sportsfile', the crowd who publish it have any left. They may be re-printing some in the future but nothing has been decided.

I was on to sportsfile and a few online GAA shop but no luck. Have even tried other GAA websites and putting ads on different sites but no leads at all!
    If anybody has any idea where I could pick up a copy, please let me know, any help appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thing 1

Hi, do you still have these gaa programmes from the 40's?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leitrimexile

Was the GAA programme fair in Armagh any good. ?

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Thnaks

i have my own copy
    have u any programmes especially to swap for it
    regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭corcaioch

Hi,

If you could PM me a list of swaps, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rickywhyte

Hello Will,
    My name is Ricky I am willing to swap programmes or even buy them off you if give me a price list for them.
    thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Up the Dubs

Hi,

try selling them, instead of swapping.

The Collectors' Shop in Blackrock (weekend) market buys and sells these.

He might even swap with you.

Try him any Sat/Sun if you are up in Dublin for a game.

That blackrock in Dublin or Cork?! Still looking for Seaon of Sundays 2002....also some programmes or GAA memorabilla, old videos dvds etc....if anyone can help let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Up the Dubs

dublin

Send me a PM of you're interested in swapping any programmes.
    PS Is anyone going to this years programme collectors fair in Armagh on Saturday?

On Saturday 30 May the Cardinal Tomás Ó Fiaich Memorial Library and Archive, Armagh, will host ‘Clár 2009’, its second annual national Gaelic games programme and collectibles fair.
    The previous fair last August, the first of its kind anywhere for GAA memorabilia, proved a great success, with a large number of collectors in attendance. Collectors came from all four provinces to Armagh to exchange and deal over items. The event also provided many collectors with an opportunity to meet each other for the first time.
    An even bigger crowd is expected to attend this year’s fair. Surplus items from the library collection as far back as the 1940s will be available for exchange or sale at reasonable prices. There will be no auction element. A range of GAA memorabilia from the early years of the last century will also be on show, as part of the library’s current Ulster GAA history exhibition.
    Collectors are encouraged to forward lists of their ‘Wants’ and ‘Spares’ in advance of the fair, and to bring a selection of their spare programmes for exchange on the day.
    The event will start at 10.30 a.m. Further information is available for Roddy or Dónal at the library on (048)-37522981.

clrpic.jpg
    w800.png

Inter-county footballers David Harte and John Devine (Tyrone), and hurler Paul McCormack (Armagh), ahead of their counties’ clash in the championship next weekend, look at a replica of the programme of the 1952 Ulster game between the two counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sportshunter

Hi,

Hi there,
    If you're interested in selling I may be willing to buy depending on what you have.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    thanks
    Sportshunter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

I have a list here if any one is interested in buying?

-1997 LFC Semi-Final Offaly v Louth
    -1998 SFC All-Ireland Final Kildare v Galway
    -1998 SHC Semi-Final Replay Offaly v Clare
    -1999 LHC Final Offaly v Kilkenny
    -1999 SHC Q-Finals Antrim v Offaly,Clare v Galway
    -1999 SHC Semi-Final Offaly v Cork
    -2001 LFC Semi-Final Offaly v Dublin
    -2002 LFC Final Kildare v Dublin
    -2003 LFC Q-Final Offaly v Laois
    -2004 LHC Final Offaly v Wexford
    -2006 LFC Louth v Meath, Offaly v Westmeath
    -2006 LHC Final Kilkenny v Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 LimerickNomad

Always interested in hearing from people interested in Limerick GAA (Hurling or Gaelic Football) programmes of any era!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leitrimexile

Will1977,

If you still interested in swopping/selling programmes would be interested looking at your list. I have a small list to but will update at some stage.

Rgds,

L

I'm still looking for the 2002 edition of A Season of Sundays. "Programme Collector" from Clare never got back to me!! Have searched all over the place for this but no luck!

I have some old programmes I can swap if you still want to do a deal, few All Irelands from late 80'S early 90''s.

If anyone can help, let me know. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thing 1

Hi,

Can you sent me a list of your programmes?

I'll post a list of programmes, only if you have a copy of the 2002 book to swap.

• Advertisement

sorry i dont have 2002 book

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

I was hoping to buy the 69 and 70 All-Ireland football programmes as a present for Christmas. Anyone know where I could pick them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rebelrebel1

Hi all,

I have programmes from the '70s, 80s and 90s if there's anyone looking to swap.
    Looking for Championship games involving Cork and also All Ireland Finals and semis from 60s and 70s.

Am willing to deal with anyone even Kerry and Kilkenny folk!

I have a list of swaps.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 gaafanjohn

hey.

do you have any football programmes left??????

john.

Hi,

try selling them, instead of swapping.

The Collectors' Shop in Blackrock (weekend) market buys and sells these.

He might even swap with you.

Try him any Sat/Sun if you are up in Dublin for a game.

Hi...just though Id resurrect this thread...anyone collectors still looking for programmes or know where to source older items?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Didn't see this first time round. I have tonnes of GAA & Rugby programmes. Mainly from around 1985 onwards (but some going back to the 60's): mainly Kerry football and Shannon or Munster rugby or GAA games that were held in Cork/Limerick. I'll have a mooch see what swaps I have and post them..would be very interested in swapping for a few games that I've missed and programmes that ended up destroyed..on the floor of some establishment usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I have the Centenary Munster Final programme Cork v Tipperary. I bet that could be worth a few quid in years to come.

I sold a load of programmes from late 80s early 90s to a collector in Clare about 15 years ago and would love to try buy these back as would have been some of the first games I attended, especially those in Croke Park.

In off chance anyone knows any collectors in that part of the country let me know or if you have any leads of where to buy let me know....thanks!

HEY,

Anyone got any rare gaa football programs that they are interested in selling at fair prices?

if you have any lists please PM me.

hi,

have you still got gaa programs

please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamonn Mc Bride

wanted programmes, cavan v donegal 20th may breffni park preliminary round and donegal v derry mc cool park 10 june quarter final

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamonn Mc Bride

Does anybody have the championship from BBC 2 NI for 23rd sept 2012 all ireland final donegal v mayo on dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Uberted

Hi lads,
    Cleaning out the house and found a good few GAA programmes from the 80's to present so want to get rid of them. Mainly Limerick teams. If you're interested or know someone who is then let me know and I can email you a list of what I have. Also have AIH Final 94, 96, 97 programmes and AIF Final 97 programme. As well as Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup Final 1993!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

I was hoping to buy the 69 and 70 All-Ireland football programmes as a present for Christmas. Anyone know where I could pick them up?

i have the 1969 football final offaly kerry plus 1972 draw and replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

I have some programmess to swop mainly hurling ,but i could swop others if somebody had what what i wanted .

• Advertisement
Advertisement