Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I hate about Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

I am pie wrote: »
    Because it would seem to be the logical thing to do ?

Why do you always give the same answer ?

You seem to be suggesting that it is not an intelligent suggestion, in reality if you really hate where you live it is the only intelligent suggestion. If not, we're back at that the what are you gonna do about it loop ?

ps...wild exaggerations won't help you sound rational.
    i give the same answer because i keep getting the same questions.Zzzzz:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Ok, so no answers then. Just little tantrum faces.

Hohum...conversation over.

Grow a set, take some control of your life and stop moaning about things you've no intention to do anything about.

I am pie wrote: »
    Ok, so no answers then. Just little tantrum faces.

Hohum...conversation over.

Grow a set, take some control of your life and stop moaning about things you've no intention to do anything about.
    for crying out loud that's what this forum is for.lighten up.:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 speights

jasus stop being a load of whingy buggers
    ive lived in london the last 4 years and cant wait to get back home to live... this is where the real aggressive scum bags are and thats just the school kids... i swear most of them are actually scary!!!
    most of the irish people i know here are so patriotic and cant wait to get home, you really dont know what you've got till you dont anymore.
    im not gong to go on with a big list of likes and dont likes i think its more a case of you not actually realising how great your own home country really is till your not there anymore...
    be grateful for what you have because in fairness its a hell of a lot better than this smelly hole;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Apart from Scotland and Wales, name me a country that is more like England than Ireland is?

So apart from the two closest countries to England you say the next closest is like Enland? Duh?

I've just moved back from a couple of years living in London and there are huge cultural differences. They've got better transport and planning but socially they're well more down the toilet.

Trust me, go live in a few other countries fr a few years, if you like them stay but you'll realise we have it good here.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I´ve moved to Spain and I think the problem with a lot of Irish people is that we really don´t want to be seen as being English but we seem to think we are very like them.....................lots of people over here thankfully recognize that we´re different.

If you really really hate Ireland, just fcuk off somewhere else. You have to question yourself sometimes, Is the problem this place or is the problem me?

Anyone who bitches about the roads, health service and all that ****........has it really affected you???? I mean if the roads are p!ssing you off so much, move closer to your job(yeah the one where you probably get way more money than in most other countries in the world).

Sure we drink a lot, but if that really really REALLY p!sses you off, then fcuk off to Saudi Arabia were life could be so much sweeter for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mathie wrote: »
    You think our government is corrupt?
    Take a look around.
    Anywhere in Africa, South America, Asia should do.

The problem with us is that right now we don't know how good we have it.

And for a country who just ONE generation back had it so bad that's pretty shocking.
    Absolutely. You don't even have to look at dictatorships - try another democracy that begins with "I" and has a majority catholic population.
    berliner wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been to an A/E recently.or travelled across Dublin.Or doged the huge amount of drunks everywhere.Incidentally,the dail sat for 78 days last year.This place is a joke.
    mathie was talking about political corruption, not drunkenness. If this place is a joke, seriously why haven't you gone? If you were just getting things off your chest, fair enough, but you have major problems with the place.
    Why is that stock answer "why don't you leave?" always posted.:confused:
    Because this time it's hugely warranted.
    Ere..the post is called What I hate about ireland.i'm sure ther's another one called what i love about Ireland.Mine is just to get some bloody annoying things about this kip off my chest.:mad:
    I really can't understand why you feel forced to stay here...

Dudess wrote: »
    Absolutely. You don't even have to look at dictatorships - try another democracy that begins with "I" and has a majority catholic population.

mathie was talking about political corruption, not drunkenness. If this place is a joke, seriously why haven't you gone? If you were just getting things off your chest, fair enough, but you have major problems with the place.

Because this time it's hugely warranted.

I really can't understand why you feel forced to stay here...
    Okay,let's all become passive conformosts and say everything is grand in dear old ireland.Keep her going patsy,sure everything's grand.

Oh ok then, my bad! I hate these Eastern European fellas that come in and mouth off about how bad everything is then get all defensive when everyone else asks why they dont just leave. That ok for you?
    I'm not from eastern europe.I'm born and raised in ireland and because i love the place i can point out its faults too.I thought this stuff is supposed to be fun.some people want to lynch me for saying ireland might suck a teeny bit.Ah well.

Okay,let's all become passive conformosts and say everything is grand in dear old ireland.Keep her going patsy,sure everything's grand.
    Ah the usual - only considering extremes rather than taking the middle ground into account. I didn't SAY that. You're not getting off your chest what annoys you, which would be a different matter all together. There's plenty that annoys me about Ireland too. But you're coming across as someone who's actually miserable being here, in which case you'd be doing yourself a favour by moving abroad - even just for a while.
    some people want to lynch me for saying ireland might suck a teeny bit.Ah well.
    Oh no, nobody would want to "lynch" you for saying Ireland "might suck a teeny bit" - if that's what you said. Thing is, you didn't say that, you said Ireland was a kip and you could go on and on about what's wrong with it. Do you see the difference? I'm sure you do.

• Advertisement

Ah the usual - only considering extremes rather than taking the middle ground into account. I didn't SAY that. You're not getting off your chest what annoys you, which would be a different matter all together. There's plenty that annoys me about Ireland too. But you're coming across as someone who's actually miserable being here, in which case you'd be doing yourself a favour by moving abroad - even just for a while.

Oh no, nobody would want to "lynch" you for saying Ireland "might suck a teeny bit" - if that's what you said. Thing is, you didn't say that, you said Ireland was a kip and you could go on and on about what's wrong with it. Do you see the difference? I'm sure you do.
    Ireland is a kip.that's a given surely.I think you're all in denial.I'd love to get out but to where? England? nah,exactly the same as ireland except for the accents.i havent the dosh to go anywhere else.what about all the I love ireland brigade taking up a collection for me so i can go somewhere better?

Start posting constructively or I'm gonna start thinkin' you're a-trollin'.

you'd love an excuse to ban me.I'll be PC from now on just like everyone else.Lets all tow the line.:cool:

Oh yeah I'd love to ban you for not loving "my" Ireland... even though I'm not the slightest bit patriotic.
    Yeah, "everyone else" on After Hours is really PC... You don't read After Hours much do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's not that Ireland is bad, it's that

1) A few simple changes in attitude would make a massive difference. Especially in political circles. No country (bar the states and possibly the UK) would put up with Fianna Fail. We slag the Americans off for re-electing Bush and then go and hand Bertie a thrid term....?

2) People who say "why don't you leave" seem to think that, no matter how bad the place is, it's beyond criticism. instead of defending the country, you attack the poster! Is this because no defence exists? The "Ah, sure it's great craic" line is a bit patronising. Most cities are "great craic" - all you have to do is find the right people.

3) The problem with Ireland is that whether it's good or bar is irrelevant. What it is, is a very limiting country.

In answer to the next two questions:

1) I am - I'm moving to Germany in the summer.

and

2) I'll miss you too.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oh yeah I'd love to ban you for not loving "my" Ireland... even though I'm not the slightest bit patriotic.
    Yeah, "everyone else" on After Hours is really PC... You don't read After Hours much do you?

Im PC*.

*pure cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Worst thing about Ireland?!

- crap infrastructure
    - crap houses
    - all the major towns and cities around Ireland are effectively pig stys from 18:00 to 06:00 Thursday to Sunday
    - An Bord Pleanala, County Councils, NRA, An Taisce and gombeen politics
    - Public-private partnerships
    - Small farmers dole -- the poor fellas
    - Dublin/non-Dublin (particularly prevalent in Cork) simpleton mentality
    - The Irish inferiority complex -- anything "world class" is achieved by those Irish people who live abroad
    - The "knowledge-based economy"
    - Residential tenancy laws
    - Road tolls
    - Dublin airport
    - Fat burds
    - Camden Street (particularly Flannery's and the "flash-your-garda-id-if-you-wanna-be-in-with-the-country-lassies" The irony of all these salt-of-the-earth "country people" wanting to gravitate around one another in Dublin)
    - water-cooler chat about property prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

It's a rip off.At night it's full of aggressive drunks.It's exactly the same as england.....i could go on and on....

what I hate is that last night I asked a group of lads for a light and one really windy looking drunken bastard got smart in my face aggressively saying no, while 3 of his friends were giving me a light, just the retarded mentality of wannabes in Dublinia....

Ireland is a kip.that's a given surely.I think you're all in denial.I'd love to get out but to where? England? nah,exactly the same as ireland except for the accents.i havent the dosh to go anywhere else.what about all the I love ireland brigade taking up a collection for me so i can go somewhere better?

I'll buy you a one way as far as the channel tunnel, after that you're on your own.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

1) ridiculous prices
    2) sh1tty wheather
    3) very fattening food

• Advertisement

funloving wrote: »
    1) ridiculous prices
    2) sh1tty wheather
    3) very fattening food

1) Look for bargains
    2) Buy an umbrella
    3) Put down the fork

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Our county was in a complete diar situation less than 20years ago, now we have to pay a quater of a million for a bog standard two up two down....that my problem with people....i like the poeple and employment oppoutunity is available if you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Save up your money....even if your on the dole it won´t take you too long to book a flight to somewhere like Thailand.....your money will go far there....problem solved. Maybe America, good rate on the euro now.

Imagine a time when nobody really much money in Ireland? You´d think it would be a job getting out of the country to go somewhere else wouldn´t you???? Hmmmm, think back a few years, people used to leave Ireland to get work........ if those people could get out of here, surely you can fcuk off too?

no charge for the advice...........I know you don´t have much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Save up your money....even if your on the dole it won´t take you too long to book a flight to somewhere like Thailand.....your money will go far there....problem solved. Maybe America, good rate on the euro now.

Imagine a time when nobody really much money in Ireland? You´d think it would be a job getting out of the country to go somewhere else wouldn´t you???? Hmmmm, think back a few years, people used to leave Ireland to get work........ if those people could get out of here, surely you can fcuk off too?

no charge for the advice...........I know you don´t have much money.

People had to emigrate when Charlie was buying his Charvet shirts whilst telling us to tighten our belts. People are emigrating today because of the exact same political corruption and gombeenism. Where are the roads, the airports, the railways, the "world-class" health system?

This boom is long dead and we're staring recession and government/private debt in the face. People should cut the nationalistic pat-ourselves-on the back crap and expect more from their leaders. But then again, it's Ireland we're talking about and what's the point.

funk-you wrote: »
    I'll buy you a one way as far as the channel tunnel, after that you're on your own.

-Funk
    Ta,best off i've had!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

:rolleyes:

I agree Ireland is a kip. There is such a litter and attitude problem, it's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

what i hate most about Ireland is people who say they hate Ireland. It couldnt be easier to get off your ass work for a month and move.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

So you are part of the problem as opposed to the solution?

If you really don't like it, then try to do something to change it.

Please note that ranting on a message board will not change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

OP dude everywhere is full of aggressive drunks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

FunkZ wrote: »
    OP dude everywhere is full of aggressive drunks!
    Indeed.
    I'd really like to know where this wonderful paradise is that everyone thinks is far better than Ireland and has absolutely no social or political problems.

Advertisement