Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Ford Focus Style Model

Options
  • 01-03-2008 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

are the covers steel or basic hub caps (cos they're no alloys).........?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume style means LX now?

A lot of cars in this class will have steel wheels on the base models.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Plastic wheel covers I think, I hope they look better than those on the basic Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

my issue is that i bore VERY quickly of cars, but find myself needing a diesel - i don't want to spend the extra 2k on the zetec model cos in less than 2 years i'll be changing again........have been going through the brochure and the freedom is listed as the basic model, the ford website has the style with wheelcovers - how much would a set of alloys set me back separately?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Alloys are not cheap. Maybe €600 more?

It's false economy not to buy a Zetec imho. Air con, sport seats & suspension, alloys, and a few more things all come as standard.

Zetec will resell much better too.

even with a dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes. I has a look at the Ford.ie site. On the car configurator Zetecs are not even listed, nor is the 110bhp 1.6 TDCI lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Yes. I has a look at the Ford.ie site. On the car configurator Zetecs are not even listed, nor is the 110bhp 1.6 TDCI lump.

I almost thought you were mistaken, but before I jumped in, I checked, as last week I configured a Focus, as I had already posted regarding an estate Focus.

What the fluck are they doing with they're specs, I'm 'Henry' all the way but they're starting to take the p!ss now. You can only get selected low range specs now, thats stupid! I'm now thinking of going Mondeo Zetec Diesel, or I might go for the fully loaded Mitsubishi Outlander I seen the other day, if the other half gets her way, but its €45k, but then its miles better than a Quashqai @ €35k, or Antara @€;50+.

Come on Ford, stop letting your homeland down with p!issy spec'd cars.

i was told 9k with a 06 grand vitara with 27k kms on it - have decided to leave it - am considering a 07 focus or mondeo - have no experience with either - any thoughts?

Advertisement