Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Giant SCR 2.0

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Patto

Are the FCRs a fast bike compared with road bikes? I have an old Dawes hybrid, I find it very slow and heavy compared to an old road bike I used to have.

Thinking of upgrading to a road bike as a commuter but these FCRs look interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They will be faster than most other hybrids but they will be nowhere near as fast as an actual road bike; the riding position is a big part of it. (I have experience of all these types.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

snookie wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up buying a Ridgeback Supernova from Cycological

May I ask - Did you ever try out a CRS to compare. I had looked at the Supernova in Cycleogical and rather liked it. Then I came across this CRS 1 on the net - a good price - and I'm now a bit tempted by it - and the extra 100 in my pocket

I think it may be a tad heavier than the Ridgeback but not much. It's rather annoying that internet suppliers do not quote weight. It's difficult to get the "feel" of a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 snookie

DurtyMurty wrote: »
    May I ask - Did you ever try out a CRS to compare. I had looked at the Supernova in Cycleogical and rather liked it. Then I came across this CRS 1 on the net - a good price - and I'm now a bit tempted by it - and the extra 100 in my pocket

I think it may be a tad heavier than the Ridgeback but not much. It's rather annoying that internet suppliers do not quote weight. It's difficult to get the "feel" of a picture

Hi,
    I tried both. I would have been happy with either but the Supernova just felt like the right bike for me. I can't give you an objective explanation. Both seem to be roughly the same weight ( I couldnt tell the difference) both were a pleasure to ride. I ended up going with a gut feeling. The issue I have is with 'backache'. I've never had any problems before but anytime I cycle more than 30k I start getting aches. Its almost certainly down to posture and that's something i want to learn more about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Thanks snookie

• Advertisement
Advertisement