Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fuel system cleaner

Options
  • 01-03-2008 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭

i seen this thing in woodies the other day. it was in car part of the shop, its some sort of fuel cleaner. its red in colour and made by a company called redex i think. it hepls increase fuel economy etc. just wondering if anyone has used it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Snake Oil...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

personally dont share oilrigs pessimism. i put STP fuel and injector cleaner into my previous car and after I used the full tank of fuel there was a noticable response in responsiveness and acceleration from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Agree: STP FTW.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭cena

so are you saying its ok to use, and won't harm using it in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Redex has been around since at least the 1950's so its been proven to work over time. the older version used to be known as the one shot fuel treatment. it stops carbon building up around the valves, pistons and rings . I often used it on old smoky engines and it definitely works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭cena

wel i'll be using it on a 02 car. hope it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

When do you put this into the fuel tank?

Do you wait until you fill the car with Diesel?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

You should first put it into the tank when it is 1/4 full so that it's more concentrated so that you get a good use out of it initially. You can then use it periodically to keep your engine clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

if its diesel additive your looking for the best of the lot is Millers Diesel Power Sport 4. i am using it for the last few months and its like adding on another cylinder! the car starts easier and has more power and also gets more mpg. http://www.millersoils.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have been using Redex Octane Booster in my Teg Type R for the past month. It not only boosts the octane value but also cleans the the engine.

Increases performance
    increases fuel ecomomy
    reduces emissions

• Advertisement
Advertisement