Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fahey Family - Ghost in galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vstyler111

Stoner wrote: »
    yeah I read their book and saw the show, I have watched it more then once TBH.

The production was a bit lazy, they never went to Galway, the house was different (much nicer) but I guess that it didn't take from the story.

I love A Haunting, I hope they do more.

This is apparently am old thread but thought I would post anyway... I just came across this forum after watching "A Haunting In Ireland" on Destination America (part of the Discovery network) and doing a little research afterward. The network is gearing up for its upcoming season and showing some old reruns. Very interesting episode and pretty believable. Especially given the involvement of the media there in Ireland. The theatrics and acting aside, are there any new thoughts or opinions on the Galway ghost? ..........I'm in Atlanta, GA-USA. This part of our country has a long history of hauntings and paranormal activity.

vstyler111 wrote: »
    This is apparently am old thread but thought I would post anyway... I just came across this forum after watching "A Haunting In Ireland" on Destination America (part of the Discovery network) and doing a little research afterward. The network is gearing up for its upcoming season and showing some old reruns. Very interesting episode and pretty believable. Especially given the involvement of the media there in Ireland. The theatrics and acting aside, are there any new thoughts or opinions on the Galway ghost? ..........I'm in Atlanta, GA-USA. This part of our country has a long history of hauntings and paranormal activity.

When it comes to TV and paranormal you really have to put on your skeptic hat. At the end of the day a show like that is for entertainment purposes. Also when it comes to media and paranormal your skeptic hat must go on again. From personal experience i have seen media fake happenings all to make the story alot more juicy as well to sell ratings.

This story in question pops up quite regularly but what happened in this house is not a normal thing. Despite what you might thing haunting in Ireland are not that frequent and when they do happen, it only seems to happen for a short period of time and then dies down itself.

The other thing is , there is absolutely no connection between these hauntings and the "spirit of a dead person" I myself find this to be a huge leap when there could be a scientific explanation. Unfortunately due to these haunting not be frequent and the time frame in which to study them being short as well as getting somebody qualified to actually accept to study them, I dont see an explanation in our life time.

Advertisement