Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times' Rock Writers' Top 40 Irish albums

Options
  • 01-03-2008 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

I was just reading The Irish Times Entertainment supplement The Ticket there and spotted an article about the Top 40 Irish albums of the last few decades as compiled by their Rock Writers.

Far from definitive so :) but interesting reading nonetheless.
    Anyone else see it.

They had My Bloody Valentine's Loveless at no. 1.
    No. 2 was U2's Achtung Baby (Yay... :o:D )
    No. 3 was A-House (IIRC).

Up there as well were Rollerskate Skinny with Horse Drawn Wishes and Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous.
    Glad to see Therapy's Troublegum and Whipping Boy's Heartworm in there as well.

Anyway just wondering if anyone saw it, what you think and what your top Irish albums would be? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's an almighty hoo-haa going on here about it, so that's where it's probably best left.

As for further submissions, someone really has to call time on semi-autistic list culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Robbo wrote: »
    There's an almighty hoo-haa going on here about it, so that's where it's probably best left.

As for further submissions, someone really has to call time on semi-autistic list culture.

Oh OK.
    Looks like no-one's happy over there. :)
    Still, might be worth leaving this open for a while and seeing what Boardsies think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

4 critics is too small a number to give a representative list, openig it up to the public would have seen every u2 cd in there, pity there was no revelino in it though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

My brian almost exploded with some of the mind bending idiocy of some of the comments on that link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

indiewindy wrote: »
    4 critics is too small a number to give a representative list, openig it up to the public would have seen every u2 cd in there, pity there was no revelino in it though:rolleyes:

True enough.

Interestingly enough though, is that the top three choices come from the same year, 1991.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Oh I agree 100%. I fvking hate those "Best of" lists for 5 reasons....

1. ......oh wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Yap Stam

True enough.

Interestingly enough though, is that the top three choices come from the same year, 1991.

It looked like a list of albums that people in their early - mid 30's like, I wonder what the age group of the critics was?

No Striknein D.C.; they could have least got a mention.

Advertisement