Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBOX2 Pro Recommend Mixer.

Options
  • 01-03-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I just recently purchased an MBOX2 Pro and am looking for a small and relatively cheap and cheerful mixer that will work with it. Anyone got any recommendations?. Know sweet F.A. about mixers to be honest, just want something to help me control levels etc in Pro Tools LE.

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Do you mean for monitoring? Or for mixing through before going into the box?
    Can't go far wrong with a Mackie VLZ mixer, or a Soundcraft mix pad thingy!
    The little Yamaha jobs aren't too bad either.

I've said it before but I'd like to try out one of these for a while these here like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

with the mbox2 pro you don't need a mixer to control levels in protools. In fact even if you do get a mixer it won't control levels in protools. what you need is a control surface. unfortunately digidesign's command 8 is extraordinarily overpriced for what it is.

as studiorat said, if you're looking for something to use as a submixer before sending a stereo mix to Protools you can't go wrong with the VLZ. If you want the bare basics and are on a tight budget, the soundcraft folio notepad (or whatever it's called) is fairly good. And nice and compact too.

studiorat wrote: »

I've said it before but I'd like to try out one of these for a while these here like
    they look really really good. i love the tlaudio desks, and this kind of thing would be perfect for me doing a little bit of stem mixing and bringing it 'in and out of the box' (the kind of stuff i produce, can always do with a little bit more analogue warmth and clarity).

damn you studiorat, now i gotta start saving!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

jtsuited wrote: »
    they look really really good. i love the tlaudio desks, and this kind of thing would be perfect for me doing a little bit of stem mixing and bringing it 'in and out of the box' (the kind of stuff i produce, can always do with a little bit more analogue warmth and clarity).

damn you studiorat, now i gotta start saving!!:)

it never ends does it?

studiorat wrote: »
    it never ends does it?

i was actually going to post the other day about how i felt no urge to buy anything new lately. i had everything i wanted and needed and now here I am trying to fill the gap the TLA Fat Track hasn't even left in my life!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement