Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-March 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

978 and falling slowly
    Gusting to 33mph
    Air 11.6c
    Dp 4.6c and falling steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

975 hpa

holy **** just had a gust of 60 mph:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Got a similar gust here Nacho is that last shower, certainly impressive. Hail as well, got a right pasting holding up my little wind speed measurer outside just now. 5.7c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Intense, blustery/sleety shower in Dundalk right now...lasting a good while too.

A squall just passed through again. Clouds look tornadic. Visability much reduced in hail. 4.9c. 980.0 mb and rising rapidly. Some impressive looking Cb's out west.

As I write, rainbow just appeared!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dew points rising in showers here, sub zero before and above zero by the end (that will change later though), very frustraiting!
    Mountains will be white by morning I think.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

978 hpa. currently between squalls
    i'll be disappointed if we don't get a gust or two of 70 mph out of this during the night.

Gust to 36mph so each shower that moves through the gust is a little bit higher from downdrafts.

Otherwise just a moderate breeze blowing.
    981.4mb rising
    Air 4.3c falling
    Dp 1.6 steady.
    Wind westerly

Snow shower here now, must remember to take camera with me driving into work tomorrow, mountains gonna be covered nicely .
    Try looking at the radar sequence on the Met Eireann site - the showers are really rocketing across the country!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

You can expect more with those upper winds whipping them across to you. Should be a covering there for you later.

• Advertisement

Maybe about 150 metres up from here it will, dont think it'll drop much below 2°C here tonight so unlikely to settle, it is beautiful to look up shining my 1 million candle torch up into the sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote: »
    Snow shower here now, must remember to take camera with me driving into work tomorrow, mountains gonna be covered nicely .
    Try looking at the radar sequence on the Met Eireann site - the showers are really rocketing across the country!

Good to hear that!! So we've had quite a few days with snow falling this year - just havn't had the conditions to settle. BTW - I'm in Germay today (Frankfurt). Drizzle here with a temp of about 8c.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

983mb steady.

Breezy. Max 10 min mean 27 mph, max gust 48mph.

Many showers, but only 1.5mm

Temp dropped from 8C to 5C during last shower 18:30

Currently 5.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp 3.8C here and falling away pretty fast dp 1.3C. Not particularily windy here yet, gust to 63km/h earlier in a shower.

979hpa

the strongest gust so far was 65 mph, which occurred about 30 minutes ago.

Moderate precipitation ..and its snow...its a full on whiteout outside :D

Longfield wrote: »
    Moderate precipitation ..and its snow...its a full on whiteout outside :D
    Pics or it didnt happen or get a halogen search light out in the yard so we can see some rare mountain snow from Annamoe on your webcam:p

Sleet here
    Air 3.4c
    Dp 0.3c
    981.5mb
    Gust 36mph

Lol, just a slushy mess on top of my car roof is all thats left here, wouldnt have to go much higher for proper coverage i'd bet.
    I'm keeping my eye on the sat loop, looks like there may be more substantial stuff later that may well give a covering to lower levels.
    Best snow I've seen all winter though, 3.6mm/hr = pretty decent snowfall :)

recorded a couple gusts of 70 mph over the last 90 minutes. the showers have completely died out, though. Which is a pity.

Not bad really here atm
    Gusts up to 30mph
    Temp rising now at 4.4c
    Dp falling at 0c
    Clear

Some belt of Precip marching across the country also.

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote: »
    Not bad really here atm
    Gusts up to 30mph
    Temp rising now at 4.4c
    Dp falling at 0c
    Clear

Some belt of Precip marching across the country also.

you will probably get some real winds later snowbie as the low tightens gradient over the east; the winds here are strong and sustained, but not earth shattering, I expected better to be honest.

just had another gust in excess of 70 mph!!!! too bad it isn't snowing but sure you can't have everything.

pressure has now risen to 980. it's absolutely lashing rain and the temp has risen to 4.1 c.

Day dawned cloudless. Breezy with occassional gale gust.
    7C, but sub zero dewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and er breezy.

Mike.

Sunny and blustery with the odd shower. 7.4c. 1003.6 mb rising.

Just had first shower.
    Temperature had risen to above 10C, dropped below 7C with the shower and is making a good recovery back up above 9C.

Blustery with 43mph gust during the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull and damp on the ground.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Got 3.6mm of rain out of that narrow band in half an hour. Temp. dropped form 12.6c to 8.4c in the same period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lashing rain here. Temp down to 7.4c

Advertisement