Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-March 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bone dry here, aggrr!!
    Maybe later, only one shower here today , am very sheltered from a northerly so not really expecting much if anything tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

90% clear here now. Winds have turned northerly now (from NNW) and temp down to 2.3c. I don't expect any snow here tonight but tomorrow night will definitely be interesting.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

4.5c
    dp -3.0c
    RH 61%
    1005.1mb
    Partly cloudy skies with a brilliant moon illuminating cumulus over the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Low DP and RH
    5.1C
    55%
    DP -3.2C

Strong northerly breeze

3.3c
    Dp -2.6c
    Wind NNW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

2.6°C currently after low of 2.1°C. Low RH all night, hovering between 70%/80%, lowest in quite a while. Stark clear out with a cutting breeze. Dewpoint -0.9°C.

3.1c
    dp -2.9c

4.4C
    dp -1.2C
    rh 67%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same as yesterday with added wind.

Mike

Hail shower with snow flakes!
    5.4c
    DP-1.7c

North NorthEast wind recording at up to 24mph

• Advertisement

Low of 2.3c
    Currently 8.9c
    Dp -1c RH50%
    1013.5mb
    Not a shower in sight.

Had that hail shower as well just before 11am.
    Temp fell from 7C to 5C and depoint went from -1C to above zero.

Currently
    7.3C
    dp 0.0C
    rh 60%

Wind North 18mph gusting 25mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp is rising very fast here, don't know why. It's up from 6.2C 10 minutes ago to 7.1C now. There hasn't been any wind shift or showers.
    EDIT: Strange, it's now falling back, 6.7C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp at 7.9C with a DP of -1.9C and it's snowing :)

Edit: Stopped now and the sun is back out.

Light snow swirling in the wind here with strong sunshine. Temp is 6.4c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light graupel shower here. Current temp +7.6 DP -2.7c!

Hail here too
    7.9c
    Dp -1.1c

Just started to snow lightly here.
    Temp 6.8C
    pd -0.5C

Can see those showers to the North East of me here, send some a little further inland please!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Cirrostratus now overcutting stratocumoulus. Temps have stopped yo-yoing and now in general rising. 8.3c. 60% rh. 1017.4 mb. Not looking great for general snow tonight in Tuam, unless the back end of that trough delivers.

• Advertisement

Not much here today appear that one light snow shower. High cirrus bands have moved over now though.
    Temp 6.1
    RH 49%
    dp -3.8C
    No doubt the temp and dp are about to shoot up

trogdor wrote: »
    Not much here today appear that one light snow shower. High cirrus bands have moved over now though.
    Temp 6.1
    RH 49%
    dp -3.8C
    No doubt the temp and dp are about to shoot up
    Air temp i wouldn think will shoot up, dp will rise later though.
    In fact i see air temps still falling as the cold air near the surface will get trapped but upper air will get less cold.
    I wouldn be surprised to find temps in and around the 3c mark with dp above 1c when precip arrives later in the night.

Air 5.5c and falling with dp of -1.7c steady.
    RH 60%

Temp here 2.1c and DP -5.4c

To be honest, we could see snow here later. This front arriving is not a warm southerly sourced front and temps should not rise that much. If we can get a significant drop in temp before the front arrives, we should be in business.

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Temp here 2.1c and DP -5.4c

To be honest, we could see snow here later. This front arriving is not a warm southerly sourced front and temps should not rise that much. If we can get a significant drop in temp before the front arrives, we should be in business.

A

I reckon we may seem some sleet for a bit, but expect dew points to raise pretty sharply close to the precip.
    This front is moving further east than forecast earlier which means we are more in the warm sector unfortunately, even our height isnt going to help tonight much was i as hoping a little last night.

Longfield wrote: »
    This front is moving further east than forecast earlier which means we are more in the warm sector unfortunately,
    Yep, its alot further east(12z) so much so, a good few folk in UK will be dissapointed too.
    I wonder do they realise it?.
    Welcome to our world;).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowbie wrote: »
    Yep, its alot further east(12z) so much so, a good few folk in UK will be dissapointed too.
    I wonder do they realise it?.
    Welcome to our world;).

GFS seems to have overegged the warm sector.

UKM goes for a much weaker warm sector with 850hpa temps only rising to around -4/-5c over Dublin

UW18-7.GIF

GFS for comparison has a much larger wedge of 850hpa temps to -2c in Dublin

gfs-1-18.png?12

Just looked at the GFS 6z for the UK - Conditions look perfect for central England. Temps around -2c, lots of precip around. Why can't it be like that here!

Temp steady here around 2.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

I hope GFS are wrong about the warm sector, with those charts temps would get up to 6 deg in precipitation....if UKMO are right (which I hope) snow could even fall at 300 metres with sleet in the city...

arctictree wrote: »
    Just looked at the GFS 6z for the UK - Conditions look perfect for central England. Temps around -2c, lots of precip around. Why can't it be like that here!

Temp steady here around 2.2c
    Yes the 6z was good but the 12z not so. Very marginal for central areas of the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

My personal thoughts are that it will be 3c in the city under the precipitation.

With lots of lying snow from 250metres and up ;)

Advertisement