Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-March 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Light snow/sleet/hail shower while I was at home during lunch, temp was up to 13.6C just before it began and fell back to 9.9C with a DP of 2.6C.

Now back up to 11.3C with another shower just moving in.

nemonoid wrote: »
    Light snow/sleet/hail shower while I was at home during lunch, temp was up to 13.6C just before it began and fell back to 9.9C with a DP of 2.6C.

Now back up to 11.3C with another shower just moving in.
    It was probably entirely soft hail which is often confused for snow.

Meanwhile,here so far it's been beautifull,sunny and dry.
    I have seen some towering cumus around but none so far near enough to spoil the day.

Low humidity at 56% in a light west wind.

Currently 9.3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Hail showers locally, have avoided a direct hit so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lovely spring sunshine and cumulus towers to my south and SW. 10.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Out for a drive along the coast earlier...lovely forming anvil over the cooleys and S. Down, but looking at the radar it's headed ESE....lots of other CBs to my west. Nice and warm in the sun...car thermo showed 17o at one stage...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Lovely day here despite all the shower activity around my horizon. Just one light brief shower an hour ago. There is a very intense shower cloud building now to my wnw (about 3 to 5 miles away) which could bring thunder, I am capturing this build up on time lapse on camcorder. I don't have the software to post it up, but will try and find some way around it.

Does anybody know how to transfrer images from a standard video recorder to pc...?

Temp is 9.7c and pressure 999.7 mb.

69% rh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Very big califlower approaching here atm.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Drove up today from Ennis, showers down there from breakfast time, there was a very heavy shower in Limerick before lunch, and for most of the drive up we seemed to be in always in the rain.

Once we got to the Portlaoise bypass there was a really heavy sleet shower, temp in the middle dropped to 2.5C recovering to about 9C afterwards.

It has been dry here since we got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Mothman wrote: »
    Hail showers locally, have avoided a direct hit so far.

Big band of showers passed just to my south here in the afternoon. (You can see it on the radar). Lucky to stay dry here..

A

that shower building to my wnw is very intense now with clouds underneath it moving in different directions:eek:. It is almost as dark as night here with thundery hue. Capturing this on video. Had a few intense hail falls but only lasting a couple of seconds each time. Haven't heard any thunder yet though.
    Temp is down to 7.8c. 77% rh.

• Advertisement

Torrential hail shower now with temp down to 5.2c. No thunder to report and shower showing signs of weakening on its western side. Oddly, there is no wind with the downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Fierce looking clouds about when I was leaving work. Sky very dark and threating, wouldn't be suprised if we had some convection. There seemed to be an anvil formed over towards to bray direction. Really dark here now and can hear the rain starting to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    Big band of showers passed just to my south here in the afternoon. (You can see it on the radar). Lucky to stay dry here..

A

Looks like part of that hit here, roads were wet just outside Roundwood village on the way home this evening.
    Interestingly I see my dew point dropped well below zero during that precip which would imply pretty good downdrafts, more than likely hail.
    Mostly clear overhead here now, air frost looking likely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »
    Looks like part of that hit here, roads were wet just outside Roundwood village on the way home this evening.
    Interestingly I see my dew point dropped well below zero during that precip which would imply pretty good downdrafts, more than likely hail.
    Mostly clear overhead here now, air frost looking likely.

Stayed south of me as well, no more than a trace. I took some photos of the hail shafts, or whatever they're called. I'll try upload them later.
    Max 12.1C,
    Now 4.6C and falling slowly under clear sky.

With whatever breeze being westerly, an air frost is likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Would be interested to see those pics Mothman, hail showers always look nice.
    Just had another light hail shower here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Stayed south of me as well, no more than a trace. I took some photos of the hail shafts, or whatever they're called.
    Thats right hail or rain shafts.:)
    Showers missed me too but observed some textbook anvils(minus my camera though:().Moved just south and just north of me.

5.8c
    Light sw breeze.

Stayed south of me as well, no more than a trace. I took some photos of the hail shafts, or whatever they're called. I'll try upload them later.
    Max 12.1C,
    Now 4.6C and falling slowly under clear sky.

With whatever breeze being westerly, an air frost is likely.
    Those showers were wierd.
    I could see them in Gorey driving north towards arklow in a train heading west to east.
    Gorey was dry,but as I headed to Inch,there was a downpour of hail and rain and wet roads.
    Then as I headed towards the kish roundabouts (near the arklow bypass NRA station), the roads were bone dry and then into arklow and the whole place was wet again.
    It was like the mountains to the west sliced the shower train leaving narrow dry slots in it.

Anyhow,I'm hoping tonight will remain at least air frost free again.
    It's looking hopefull in that department as the west wind is showing little sign of easing.
    currently +4c

Clear with a temp of 2.2c. Will probably scape a frost later in the night, but I doubt it will be beyond a -1.0c. Agree BB that them showers were pretty random from place to place, same effect here all day to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

no frost 0.8c

Ground frost , fields are white , dawn chorus in full flow .

Fantastic morning .
    :)

No air frost (where it counts!) min of 0.0C :)
    Grass min -6.9C

AWS min -0.2C, situated slightly down the field.

Clear sky and 4.8C

• Advertisement

Min of 3.1c.
    Temp rose to 4.1c around 3am before falling back again.

You can actually feel the heat from the sun warming the air even at this hour of the morning .Almost springlike:)

4.4c and rising fast.

Beautiful morning here, definitally a look of spring about as mentioned above. 4.6c now after a low of -2.3c. Didn't get that low until 6.30am this morning.

Pressure 1001.9 mb with a rising trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Absolutely stunning morning here. Bright blue sky and very little cloud. Current temp of 7c but you can really feel the heat of the sun. This week has turned out much better than forecast on Sunday...

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto that (this week is rather better than I was expecting). Positively warm as the wind is pretty much absent.

Mike.

Plenty of convection in the area with some light showers seen during past hour.
    11C earlier now below 10C

While there is still plenty of cumulus about, the convective activity is decreasing and it is mostly sunny.
    First signs of cirrus ahead of front.

Temperature has nudged above 10C

Cloudy here now with a breeze. Quite nice because it is dry for a change. 9.3c after an epic 10.8c earlier. 1000.1 mb now falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its filling in now.

Mike.

Rain is falling now, and interestingly, so is the temperature. 6.6c. Coupled with a now brisk wind it feels bloody cold out there.

995.7 mb. falling rapidly.
    Dewpoint 3.2c
    Rh 79%

• Advertisement

8.4c
    Dp 1.1c, anyone else noticed there Rh and Dp drop in the last hour in the east before the front?
    999.3mb
    Rh 60%
    Wind-South 10-16mph

Advertisement