Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-March 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Quite and dry here. Cool at 3.8c. Pressure 1037.0 mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull dull dull. Rather raw feeling.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wind rapidly increasing in speed here, have had a few window rattles in the last half hour.
    Currently 7.4°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Cloudy 10C, wind light

Overnight min 8.8C

Dull. Mild

Mike.

• Advertisement

Cloudy and damp here with some light rain showers on and off. Brisk wind as well. Temp is 10.7c and pressure 1014.9mb and falling quite rapidly. (warning flashing again).

Getting a bit wild and wooly.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Off topic, It is actually getting very windy here now, is there anybody else noticeing this?

Fairly calm here just now. Cloudy but the weather is pretty harmless outside right now. Was actually just thinking it's not a bad day overall.

8pm, Knock recording sleet, air temp 8C

Wind has picked up a little here

Mothman wrote: »
    8pm, Knock recording sleet, air temp 8C

Wind has picked up a little here
    Typo or to use a bushism,they've misunderestimated some hail.

Meanwhile here,the rain hasnt arrived yet (apart from a little drizzle in the wind) but the wind sure has-gusting to 34mph south/southwest.

Though I wouldnt class that windy compared to last friday night and it might be a russtling of the leaves in comparison to whats possible on sunday night-monday.
    1008mb
    air temp an academic 8.6c

• Advertisement

Wet and gusty.

Mike

Rain just started.

9.1C

Max gust 44mph

Moderate rain here, 1.2mm so far, RR 3.2mm/hr

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Raining here too and just had a really heavy burst of hail for 2-3 minutes, 1.6mm in the last hour.

Temp dropping quickly as the front passes through, down nearly 2C in the past 10 minutes alone to 5.8C.

Lashing from due west.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Rain just started here in the past 10 mins too. Again a 2-3 minute intense burst followed by ligh drizzle. 0.8mm so far but my readings are a bit off for rain I'm starting to notice.
    Temp down here by 2 deg in the last 10 or so mins too. Actually just updated the ws page here now and make that 3! It's feckin plummeting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Gust to 28mph
    Temp down to 5.6c from 9.8c in 20mins
    Not much rain yet but a max rate of 17mm/hr from what has been recorded

Lashing rain here with a temp of 3.8 c and a dp of 2.2c,I'd say conditions are interesting up at the top of croghan mountain or certainly on lugnaquilla at the moment.
    The temp is falling as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Just stopped raining here not too long ago, total of 4.7mm fell.

Temp down to 2.9C now with a DP of 1.9C and still falling.

Loads of rain in Galway City earlier tonight as well. Back home now and its a quite 3.7c with pressure 1006.8 mb and steady (ish) with just the odd shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lashing rain here with a temp of 3.8 c and a dp of 2.2c,I'd say conditions are interesting up at the top of croghan mountain or certainly on lugnaquilla at the moment.
    The temp is falling as I type.

5.8c here ATM. Yes, lugnaquila has a covering of snow...

5.7C leaving the house in a brisk west wind.

Glorious.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Unholy downpour from what was a blue sky 10 minutes ago in Dundalk right now...lots of yellow and red blips on the doppler. Been feeling cold in a blusterly NW all morning...

Scarr as covered in snow this morning, would estimate the snowline was around 300 metres. Interestingly the further north I went the higher that line got.
    Wish I'd brought a camera with me - the red morning sunlight on the snow was pretty nice.
    Cool this evening with light showers , current temp 6.2°C

Impressive squall passing through, really gusty winds and torrential thundery rain. Sky is jet black. Temp 9.1c and pressure 991.7 mb. Will be interesting to see how this cold front progresses as it moves east this morning.

Radar at 8.30am, Looks like it's sustaining strength as it passes over land:

Image7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Been having some torrential bursts of rain here for last 20 mins. 8.2c

It seems to have a bearing down on me here Paddy now.
    Winds are very gusty and i can see the leading edge of the front.

Air 12.5c
    Wind southerly gusting to 30mph
    Pressure at 991.0mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Looking out the apt windown and a couple of planes have aborted their landing right at the last few seconds. Listening to ATC now and they are saying winds are gusting to 43 knots. Also there is quite severe shear. Some planes are delaying take-off. Looks set to get very rough here shortly. Very black cloud getting close now.

• Advertisement

990.7mb
    Air 12.7c
    Wind 33mph gust

Advertisement